Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
karpouzih
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 
Nanocom Evo Upgrade BBS V1.25 released

Hi All,

Another update today Smile

As the title says, firmware Version 1.25 is now available for the Nanocom and available in your restricted area.

This one took a while to get released as we did a lot of reworking to the core programming in order to allow us to add functionality at a much faster pace. But the good news is its now done so we will be adding features and releasing at a much faster pace, similar we hope to the first part of the year.

A few features added to this release include Fuel Pump Lift, Steering Angle Sensor Calibration. The overall menu drawing speed has been improved, we have stripped out the surplus applications menu and have added to the flashing coverage of the 11 bit vehicles.

The full release notes can be found here.

Thanks for your patience on this one guys and definitely let us know your feedback.

Regards

BBS Team
 http://nanocom-diagnostics.com/
http://nanocom.blackbox-solutions.com/index.php/forum/index
http://www.blackbox-solutions.com/ 

Post #132483914th Aug 2014 2:48 pm
maplecottage

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Little jobby for tonight then Bow down Bow down

Post #132485014th Aug 2014 3:19 pm
stchris

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Done, just bought a steering angle sensor so that's good timing Thumbs Up
 EGR blanked and plumbing removed
De-cat
J E Engineering stage 1 remap
D4 rear Lights
LED bulbs all over the place!
Nanocom Evolution 

Post #132487514th Aug 2014 4:48 pm
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Will get it updated tonight Bow down Thumbs Up
 Cheers Ian
--------------------
Club N.E.R.D.S
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Discoless 

Post #132489514th Aug 2014 5:12 pm
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Steering Angle recalibration works a treat on it did mine today..

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #132489614th Aug 2014 5:13 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Hiya Guys.

We like to keep you busy and intend to now be doing so much more often from here on in.

Of course, being the boss, i have a unique insight into what goes on behind the scenes and as such I know that huge amounts of time and effort has indeed been ploughed into the core code of the Nanocom to make it much easier and faster to now add additional functionality and capability.

But words are cheap, promises need to be kept and the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

So yesterday, having read this thread
http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic115997.html
At about 3:30 PM Christian was ready to release this upgrade, but i threw him a test and challenge which was that I wanted the steering angle sensor calibration function added.

Less than four hours later, the steering sensor calibration function had been added and tested.
Tomorrow Christian and the BBS team will have a much longer list Rolling with laughter

Post #132491914th Aug 2014 6:09 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
beanie
Site Sponsor 

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Thanks Chris I have been waiting for steering angle calibration to replace my lower steering column

Will download on my return from France in a week or so Thumbs Up
 Altox GSM FBH controller thread

IID Pro MV License - D3, D4 & RRS - Enabling, Updates, D4 & RRS Timed / Remote Climate, D4 Bluetooth fitting
PM me for details

Owner of the original "Beanie" grille
D4 & RRS style D3 grilles made to order

Post #132492314th Aug 2014 6:16 pm
Parallax33

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XXV LE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

Thumbs Up
 Justin

Discovery 4 MY14 XXV Causeway Grey
RRS MY12 Autobiography
Discovery 4 MY12 GS
Nanocom, Cruise Control, Cubby Fridge, TomTom SatNav, Xenons, BlackVue 

Post #132493014th Aug 2014 6:31 pm
Cellerdweller

England 

That will be something for the weekend then sir Thumbs Up
(Note to self dont let swmbo see new toy ) Shocked
 You're not afraid of the dark are you ?  
Post #132493214th Aug 2014 6:38 pm
UKJay

England 2016 LR4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Corris GreyLR4

BBS SPY wrote:
Hiya Guys.

We like to keep you busy and intend to now be doing so much more often from here on in.

Of course, being the boss, i have a unique insight into what goes on behind the scenes and as such I know that huge amounts of time and effort has indeed been ploughed into the core code of the Nanocom to make it much easier and faster to now add additional functionality and capability.

But words are cheap, promises need to be kept and the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

So yesterday, having read this thread
http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic115997.html
At about 3:30 PM Christian was ready to release this upgrade, but i threw him a test and challenge which was that I wanted the steering angle sensor calibration function added.

Less than four hours later, the steering sensor calibration function had been added and tested.
Tomorrow Christian and the BBS team will have a much longer list Rolling with laughter

Hi

As it was me that started that thread, I feel it only fair that I come on this one and say that the update for the steering angle sensor is going to be a great benefit to me, as I have a small issue with the traction control cutting in on right hand bends post tracking. I hope it is simply the SAS out of whack, but it may not be and simply a coinsidence - who knows at present.

Now I have had a quick look at the option available on the nanocom - but there is no display reading on mine since upating to the latest version of firmware - so I assume this is simply a plug and play option that you simply put the wheels facing forward and hit go?

Kind regards

Jay

Post #132593217th Aug 2014 12:04 pm
karpouzih
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 

Hi Jay,

Yes indeed. it is a case of simply line the wheels as straight as you can get them, push the button an away you go. However, after some feedback from Flack, we have today updated the app with a status input and a dynamic rotational angle reading. If you hold on until tomorrow, it will be available. Thumbs Up

Chris
 http://nanocom-diagnostics.com/
http://nanocom.blackbox-solutions.com/index.php/forum/index
http://www.blackbox-solutions.com/ 

Post #132648618th Aug 2014 4:42 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Quote:
we have today updated the app with a status input and a dynamic rotational angle reading. If you hold on until tomorrow, it will be available.

Clearly as per your post, now BBS has returned to work, you and the guys have now implemented even more capability and functionality in but a few hours more, so fast indeed that even I was not aware of this Wink

I am pretty sure that under Christians management this will become the norm though

This really might read as a bit unrealistic, unusual and one off to many, but not to me, as I happen to know just how much hard work, effort and cost has gone into the base coding of the nanocom, and the base concept being implimented that makes this kind of super quick progress a reality and very much the shape of things to come.

As such I feel the need to once again explain and re iterate that coverage for CAN BUS vehicles on the Nanocom Evolution is and never was intended to be introduced and implimented in the usual model>vehicle system>function way that diagnostic equipment is typically developed and introduced.

I apologize that it has took us so long to get where we are with the Nanocom and for owners like Jay wondering if they had made a mistake.

Last edited by BBS SPY on 19th Aug 2014 12:46 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #132656818th Aug 2014 6:50 pm
UKJay

Hi

As my thread seems to have raised some eyebrows, I would just like to clarify a couple of points.

Firstly, I need to state that Christian has been more than happy to help me with some of my questions, which is a strong positive for you, your company - and more importantly for users like myself.

Secondly, with regards to my questioning, it was in no way intended to be seen as a way to boost the worth of one tool over another, but simply to state that my needs at the time were not able to be met with the 'Old' version of the nanocom. However, since the updates - and what appears to be another update to be able to see the before / after SAS calibration, this has stepped up the functionality in terms of what the device can do etc for the masses.

I hope that the thread was not taken out of the context it was intended, which was simply seeking clarity on functionality on a different tool due to what I was advised, as my needs were for something not possible at the time in question.

Yours sincerely

Jay

Post #132663418th Aug 2014 8:19 pm
UKJay

karpouzih wrote:
Hi Jay,

Yes indeed. it is a case of simply line the wheels as straight as you can get them, push the button an away you go. However, after some feedback from Flack, we have today updated the app with a status input and a dynamic rotational angle reading. If you hold on until tomorrow, it will be available. Thumbs Up

Chris

Thanks Chris

Kind regards

Jay

Post #132663618th Aug 2014 8:22 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Quote:
I hope that the thread was not taken out of the context it was intended

Not at all jay, i was happy to have an excuse to test Christian and the team here and obviously proud of the results, Hence my now toned down reply Thumbs Up

ATB

Colin

Post #132684419th Aug 2014 12:52 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >