Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > My Discovery 3

New to me 2007 Discovery 3 HSE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 12 of 13 <123 ... 111213>
Globetrotter448

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

drop the suspension to access height, makes about 2 inches of difference. Maybe a bit late with this input - note to self, read all parts before writing a reply Embarassed

Post #223061617th May 2021 10:25 am
DISCO3HSE2018

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

So I have alot of work to do on the Disco. It's going to get driven for as long as it lasts so

Cambelt and associated bits (hopefully seeing Flack at the end of the month for this)
Leaking rocker cover offside
Steering rack is leaking (hopefully just o rings!)
Loads of suspension bushes need doing
Gearbox leaking but annoying as it's only recently had the sump replaced

Post #22406007th Jul 2021 5:35 pm
DISCO3HSE2018

So my wagon has turned 175k miles young. After much debate it's just been to see Flack (highly recommended by the way) to have the front and rear belts, waterpump, oil pump (original!) and some tensioner etc changed. Drives a bit smoother now but peace of mind is priceless!

I've also had the front lower arms, drop links front and rear and sway bars overhauled. The gearbox sump has been sorted but the oil leak is still a bit of a mystery.

Some stop leak and replacing the o rings in the steering rack seems to have cured that leak so all around good news

It's cost a fair bit bit recently but still represents incredible value for money and now hopefully have some trouble free ownership.

Post #22445161st Aug 2021 12:30 pm
DISCO3HSE2018

Another update as rear passenger side CV boot had split splattering grease everywhere!

Was sorted pretty quickly and also found that the long standing squeal when turning right was the brake shield touching the brake disc! It's been removed and binned and now I'm left with a quiet Disco again. After spending over £2k on it in the last few weeks at 175k miles I know for a fact everything has been done and will be hopefully keeping it for many years to come.

Post #224691616th Aug 2021 9:25 pm
DISCO3HSE2018

Got in a ding with a neighbour as he reversed straight in to the front of the Disco. I feared the worst as his Galaxy looked folded in at the back but all I had was a scuffed bumper. He is a paying for a respray so could have been much worse.

So after thinking I'd got to the bottom of all the problems that I could experience and taking care of loads of maintenance items recently I've got to replace the rear upper arms.

Went to get it all aligned at Top Marks Tyres as many have recommended and one of the rear arms moves and needs to be urgently replaced. The guy doing the alignment showed me how bad it was with the wheel off on the nearside.

Have ordered the heavy duty RRS arms from AF and will be fitted next week. Surely nothing else can go wrong?

Post #22494992nd Sep 2021 10:58 pm
dandam

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Vienna GreenDiscovery 3

I am feeling your pain, fix one thing and another goes wrong - I know its a Land Rover, etc etc, but getting a bit bored of it all now and the reliability and comfort of a Ford S Max normally means the Land Rover is left on the driveway.
 2007 D3 2.7TD SE - Vienna Green  
Post #22495173rd Sep 2021 8:21 am
DISCO3HSE2018

Well it took my mechanic 7 hours to cut one arm off so that was all that got done on the day. The other one is going to be replaced in a few weeks when we can find the time for it!

There was enough time for a rear door lock to fail so that was swapped out for a new one. The symptoms were that the car when locked would not engage the lock on the rear passenger door so it could be opened. Alarm would go off but still not safe!

I've got a feeling a wheel bearing is getting a grumble on the front. The suspension is so quiet now I'm hearing it louder than before

Happy to keep this for a few years now and will deffo try and get a RRS centre console in so I can fit a Tesla style screen. The tech inside the car is the only let down whenever I drive something newer.

Post #225239720th Sep 2021 9:34 am
DISCO3HSE2018

More work done today.

We got the other rear arm off and changed in 2.5hrs. Had to be cut out but lessons learnt after the other one took so long.

Had a feeling that a wheel bearing was causing a rumble at the front so my mechanic coached me through the process and I swapped it out myself! Was chuffed that I managed it and it was pretty simple in the end!

The rumble is still there annoyingly but need to get the wheel alignment done before I throw more parts at it.

Post #22548622nd Oct 2021 6:30 pm
DISCO3HSE2018

Had a bit of time today so got started on the RRS dash conversion. Set aside a day to do this and take your time!

I'm about 2 hours in so far

Post #22557386th Oct 2021 4:22 pm
dandam

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Vienna GreenDiscovery 3

Looking forward to watching the progress on this Thumbs Up
 2007 D3 2.7TD SE - Vienna Green  
Post #22557426th Oct 2021 4:31 pm
DISCO3HSE2018

Well I'm almost done. What did I find out?

My kids dropped chicken nuggets in the back xx years ago. Only just found them Embarassed

Do the glove box first. Once you have removed the centre console do the glove box and take your time. It won't go in otherwise if you're changing for the RRS one.

I needed some extra bolts from LR to fit the gearshift in its new position. They were cheap but you do need them to fit the plastic bit underneath.

My hazard/PDC switch pack works/fits fine. You don't need a RRS specific one

Double check everything works (have you plugged it all back in!) before screwing back together.

Everything works as before apart from the light on the gearshift. The light is stuck on D even though gearshift works perfectly.

I'm going to either buy new side trim or wrap these ones in gloss black. I'm not a fan of the wood!

Post #22560418th Oct 2021 5:19 pm
DISCO3HSE2018

This mod for me was really about getting the tech in the car updated. I've got an Android screen but it's a bit crap as not powerful enough but has given me Bluetooth audio streaming with steering wheel controls. All the D3 options look terrible so a RRS interior enables this which I'll hopefully pick up in a few months

Post #22560428th Oct 2021 5:23 pm
ClassikFan

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

Looks like a neat job Thumbs Up
 Just 'cause you got the power... that don't mean you got the right.

Post #225735617th Oct 2021 8:19 am
loanrangie

Australia 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

DISCO3HSE2018 wrote:
Well I'm almost done. What did I find out?

My kids dropped chicken nuggets in the back xx years ago. Only just found them Embarassed

Do the glove box first. Once you have removed the centre console do the glove box and take your time. It won't go in otherwise if you're changing for the RRS one.

I needed some extra bolts from LR to fit the gearshift in its new position. They were cheap but you do need them to fit the plastic bit underneath.

My hazard/PDC switch pack works/fits fine. You don't need a RRS specific one

Double check everything works (have you plugged it all back in!) before screwing back together.

Everything works as before apart from the light on the gearshift. The light is stuck on D even though gearshift works perfectly.

I'm going to either buy new side trim or wrap these ones in gloss black. I'm not a fan of the wood!

With the gearshift does sport mode/command shift work ? , when i had D permanently illuminated there was corrosion on the connector which meant sport/command didnt work and i had to replace it and the wiring loom.

Post #225746918th Oct 2021 7:22 am
DISCO3HSE2018

The Sport mode/manual selection did not work. I put the original D3 gear selector back in on Saturday morning and it all works perfectly now

Post #225751318th Oct 2021 10:55 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 12 of 13 <123 ... 111213>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >