Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Blackbox Solutions

New BBS V1.26 software released (Finally)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
New BBS V1.26 software released (Finally)

Milestone

This one sure has not been easy at all, and it has sure took its sweet time, but eventually here is the latest significant upgrade to our softwares capabilities, and i really must thank the small team of Beta Testers for all their aid in helping us debug it and get it ready for general release. Thumbs Up

Any owner of one of our systems can now go and download this upgrade totally free of charge from the owners only support section of our own site http://www.blackbox-solutions.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4087

Of course as most interested parties will already know, the main aspect of this upgrade is the Inclusion of Flash Programming for all Land Rovers CAN BUS Vehicles (basically anything from 05 on)

However for the benefit of everyone, especially those liking a picture or two, this is how it works;

You first use the left menu in the regular way to select the vehicle system you are interested to program / Update, you select the settings and get this menu page.

Click image to enlarge

In this case i have selected my Instrument Pack and as such ther are 3 possible selections (The top 3) which give access to the various settings possibilities. Dont worry about the rest i will explain them in a minute. The first is the general settings availiable for all ECU's the second the service reminder settings, and the third the infamous CCF data. We select the first which gives a page like this.

Click image to enlarge

You will note that there is a lot of info regards version detail and current programmed configuration of the Instrument pack. We encourage the saving of this page for later reference, which as users of our equipment will know is a formality using the store settings function on the left menu.

Now you click on the added button to open the seperate Flash File Loader application.

This opens with it already set to the right vehicle type and ECU type, although to give you some idea of the model and ECU coverage here are a couple of screen shots of the options in the selector boxes.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

The built in help can be opened from here although you may have also noticed that possibility from the first settings menu also. It is this help which explains in detail what selection should be made from the long list of possibilities that cover all ECU usage and variations ever provided by LR, based upon the read settings information in whatever circumstance. although alternate selection and crossover is possible. Here is a snapshot of a small part of the help.

Click image to enlarge

we have also done an on line instructional video to aid in this.
http://www.blackbox-solutions.com/download...oader.html

When a selection is decided upon, double clicking it opens up a much more detailed information window on which an owner can make their own comments.

Click image to enlarge

Any selection can be simply transferred over to our systems Vehicle server (our main PC to Car Interface) from here. Once loaded to the server, the presence of the right software on the server can be confirmed using the "List maps existing on vehcile server" option and programmed into the ECU using the "Program ECU with selected Maps" button.

In the example of the Instrument pack detailed here, there is only one correct selection and software upgrading (to later revisions) is catered for simply by the fact that only later software files are up loaded to the ECU, in other cases there are earlier and later options also shown. Our software database not only lists all possible data sets but is also right up to the minute on what is available. It is designed to be automatically upgraded with later software releases and revision as time goes by.

Of course this upgrade does not only contain added benefit in respect of programming, it conatins just about every other conceivably required function for the repair, fixing, testing and re setting of the vehicles ECU's some such as adaptive resetting and Fuel Pump lift resetting are required after any flash re programming.

In total over 20 such additional "other" functions are included, most notably those to fix problems with teh Pesky electric park Brake. The best way to see these individually is to check out the systems on line help page for each model. Here is a Link to the Discovery 3 / LR 3 one

http://www.blackbox-solutions.com/shop/help/SM129.html

If i may take a moment in reflection, and hope to inform anyone who would wish to know, like our CCF edit capabilities, Full on and absolute programming of all ECU's on any model with any availiable data set is by no means a straight forward, easy or simple task to provide capability for. It is something that only the most dedicated and bottom level people who do their own very expensive research and know there stuff over copying others will ever be able to achieve. This is a factor that has always set our equipment above all else and i am most proud on behalf of myself and my entire team to now be proving our Mettle in respect of these later cars also.

Many Thanks

Colin

Post #53989325th Oct 2009 5:52 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >