Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

New insurer
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
jumpinjack

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
New insurer

I changed insurer today - to Admiral and have to say their price, and customer service was absolutly spot on. A call center in wales, and a pleasure to deal with.

Took their multicar policy - and brought the LR in at under 500quid (38yo/13yrs NCB/ but car parked on an apartment car park and one 'fault' claim - theft/not recovered). This included their 'top spec' roadside assistance, return to home & home start cover so well chuffed, also window cover and I added the additional hire car cover should car be nicked (as didnt have this on my last policy and only found out courtesy car cover does not apply if car stolen!) - interesting to note there was a 15 quid addition to the premium as the car has tinted rear windows? Razz The wifes Grand picasso covered at 280, again significantly less than current AXA policy.

As i mentioned in another post, my previous car was nicked (hence bought the D3 a couple of weeks ago) when insurers paid out - they, Octagon, handled the claim brilliantly and where very very good to deal with following the incident (and paid out the full insured value of the car) - so was keen to stay with them, but, they would not cover me on the D3 with it parked on an apartment car park in Southampton (even though this is not were the other car was stolen from) - i spoke to a manager, who explained they are such a small insurer they have some strange criteria and do not like certain vehicles, certain post codes and they accept no cars with modifications!

Only found out on the day I was going to collect the D3 that they would not provide cover, so in a panic was onto MoneySupermarket - 'Be Wiser' insurance brokers provided the best quote. I tried one of the site sponsors, and NFU both very nice on the phone but could come nowhere near on quote.
Be Wiser - a nightmare - as a google search subsequently told me 'Be Wise, don't use be Wiser'!
Very very pushy telephone sales technique.... i'll just see what my manager can do... etc etc, when i asked to phone back..... 'well if you phone back you will not get me and no one else will get you as good a price' etc etc He also kept calling me 'mate' on the phone, which properly got my back up.
I telephoned, the next day to complain about the sales technique - and salesman, only to be offered by customer service the opportunity to 'purchase' for an additional premium insurance to cover some of my excess???
Then, 4 days later, the docs arrived - they had the car down as an S not a HSE, i phoned again - was told they get their info direct from DVLA so their info is correct??? I then replied by e-mail, to which they thanked me for the information, and subsequently advised me of a decent increase in premium!
19 e-mails in total (from various 'consultants', 'representitives', and 'senior consultants') finally broke the camels back and I cancelled my cover. BTW was paying them 724 so you can see the saving!
The lady who i dealt with at that stage was excellent, and to their credit they refunded almost the full amound (minus the number of days cover provided for) - why is she working there...........

Anyway long story short - Octagon brilliant at handling claims, Be Wiser (Don't) and Admiral Multicar seems a really good deal 8)

Post #129140930th May 2014 8:18 pm
galwaygreen

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Graphite LE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

I was with admiral on multicar for three months cus the price was very good on new d4 and 53 plate d2.
then wanted to go on lre trec day.(offroad )
phoned admiral...not interested..tried to up the policy to cover off road not interested.
cancelled the multicar and ended up with lr insurance....two weeks in I notice lr insurance have restrictions on 4 x 4 events,,,dispite being advised they do cover offroad...
sent letter off 10 days ago looking for CLARIFICATION on just what offroad cover they give...still waitng for reply

Post #129143630th May 2014 9:14 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >