Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

off road cover
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
SpiderBaby
D3 Decade 

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I went through all this grief when I tried to get written confirmation of off-road (not green lane...) cover.

Although Adrian Flux said I was covered they wouldn't put it in writing - when pressed they finally checked with RSA (the underwriters) who said off-road wasn't covered.

The only company who would cover me and put it in writing were LRI - expensive undoubtedly but then so was the D3....

My advice is don't rely on verbal guarentees.

SB
 I see no ships........  
Post #3978997th Jan 2009 9:08 am
GLYNNE

England 

Just come off the phone to both LRI and NFU. LRI gave a good level of cover with no hidden charges, but one annoying thing is you have to notify them of when travelling abroad, which is free to let them know but for me a pain in the Censored . They do cover off road but not for competition or time trials etc. NFU gave all the same cover as LRI but with the added benefit of No excess on fire, £25 on windscreen, no ringing up to say your going abroad.
I specifically asked the question as to there level of cover off road, he went and asked his manager, who in-turn rang the underwriters who said it is covered off road, but not for time trials etc etc. He said it can confirm on this forum that the cover is there. Added bonus 2/3 the price of LRI.
Obviously each to there own and everyone has different needs, and you only Know how good it is when you make a claim.
So for me I went with NFU Thumbs Up

Post #3980437th Jan 2009 2:34 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

My NFU is just up for renewal and now cheper than last year Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #3980467th Jan 2009 2:38 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
GLYNNE

England 

He did say to me that they do offer loyalty discount so I'll find out next year Whistle

Post #3980507th Jan 2009 2:42 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

Well, they've got me!!!

They cover me now for
My D3
Wifes Zafira
House contents
house building
travel insurance

I don't think there's much else they can offer!!!!

All based on a mix of professional attitude, courteous reps and good prices. Not always the cheapest, but certainly not the most expensive. Thumbs Up
 Bodsys Brake Bible

BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #3980527th Jan 2009 2:44 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Disco3newbie

Scotland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Graphite LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Hi Bodsy

Reckon you should get a horse and combine to add to the 'rural' nature of NFU cover Rolling with laughter

But agree that they were the most courteous of all the 'call centres' and offer a loyalty discount as a mutual company

Post #3980977th Jan 2009 4:01 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

SWMBO would love a horse, but alas time, money and space! won't allow.... if you have one spare with space, then Whistle Whistle
 Bodsys Brake Bible

BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush

See It Here 

Post #3981037th Jan 2009 4:07 pm
SJ

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

When I got a quote from Norwich Union I asked about off road cover and they told me it was covered under the social domestic and pleasure bit. I then explained problems I had previously getting off road insurance and asked if they would put off road use on the policy / certificate. This they did, excluding trials and competitions. Obviously I won't know how good it is unless I make a claim (hopefully not) but I couldn't believe how easily they said yes to off road cover. I also thought the fully comp quote was very reasonable, hundreds cheaper than some other companies.

Post #44761531st Mar 2009 8:43 pm
McChilli

United Kingdom 

Has anyone tried Sureterm Direct, in there adverts they do a special policy for Land Rover (couldn't see anything mentioned for them elsewhere in the other posts?) including green lanes. It was in a copy of LR Owners magazine.
 I've got an idea - an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about. Peter Griffin - Family Guy  
Post #4620163rd May 2009 6:36 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

I'm with Sureterm for my 2a, its on a classic car policy. It is very cheap, but limited miles. All insurance must give you greenlane cover, because they are public roads. True off road cover will cover you for accidental damage when OFF the public highway.

The only policy proven to payout in such circumstances is Land Rovers own insurance. It is not however the cheapest.

Post #4620243rd May 2009 6:42 pm
countrywide

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

I had a Sureterm policy in a Rang Rover and found them to be very devious about their cancellation policy. Haven't touched them since.

i have Adrian Flux and they cover off road, not just green laning and it's in writing. It is a company called Highway.

Post #4620263rd May 2009 6:43 pm
philhunt

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Many on here are with NFU whose policies are quite competitiive and which include off road cover. I've not had to make an 'off road' claim myself but ISTR there have been posts on here confirming successful claims.
 Clubs Mantec, Tasmods, LEDS, AT2s on 18s, Maxxis Bighorns on 17s, Remote FBH, BAS. ReMap, BSS., RLD Personalised SWP., Safari Snorkel, Faultmate, Three Musketeers & MUD

Post #4620603rd May 2009 7:14 pm
SJ

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

I used to be with Sureterm, definitely not covered for "Off road" only green laning!

Post #4623074th May 2009 6:45 am
disco3kenny

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Same here...found Sureterm to be cheapest Thumbs Up

£99 Thumbs Up

Only Kidding £350.....Price down to postcode Lottery Evil or Very Mad
 http://tinyurl.com/eBay-All-things-D3-Now  
Post #4623094th May 2009 7:42 am
countrywide

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

Mine is £400 with Adrian Flux, insured for business, unlimited miles, proper off road, protected bonus, courtesy car, legal etc.

Post #4623144th May 2009 8:17 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >