DISCO4.COM > Site News & Feedback

Photo Gallery
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Photo Gallery

Hi guys, there's now a photo gallery available, I've not integrated it fully but it's there and working at http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/

It'll work straight from your existing user account from here, so just click on there and get looking and creating your own albums.

To create your own albums, click the "Create/order my albums" button near the top.

Have a play, will do a better set of instructions when I'm not late for a dinner!

Martin

Last edited by Martin on 19th Dec 2005 11:34 am. Edited 4 times in total 
Post #12645th Mar 2005 7:01 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Tried to upload some photo's, but getting an error. Am I ok uploading direct from my PC, or do I have to use a host server?

Heres the error:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(./albums/edit/mHTTP_temp_d9b6e304.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/www/webrover/d3/gallery/upload.php on line 1197

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/php5JmE9e' to './albums/edit/mHTTP_temp_d9b6e304.jpg' in /home/www/webrover/d3/gallery/upload.php on line 1197

Warning: move_uploaded_file(./albums/edit/mHTTP_temp_afbce4cf.JPG): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/www/webrover/d3/gallery/upload.php on line 1197

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpjoZlMg' to './albums/edit/mHTTP_temp_afbce4cf.JPG' in /home/www/webrover/d3/gallery/upload.php on line 1197

Warning: move_uploaded_file(./albums/edit/mHTTP_temp_054c0847.JPG): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/www/webrover/d3/gallery/upload.php on line 1197

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpGJfrFv' to './albums/edit/mHTTP_temp_054c0847.JPG' in /home/www/webrover/d3/gallery/upload.php on line 1197

Warning: move_uploaded_file(./albums/edit/mHTTP_temp_090b9ba2.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/www/webrover/d3/gallery/upload.php on line 1197

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpShv9lV' to './albums/edit/mHTTP_temp_090b9ba2.jpg' in /home/www/webrover/d3/gallery/upload.php on line 1197

Warning: move_uploaded_file(./albums/edit/mHTTP_temp_fbbdd92d.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/www/webrover/d3/gallery/upload.php on line 1197

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpFvzVal' to './albums/edit/mHTTP_temp_fbbdd92d.jpg' in /home/www/webrover/d3/gallery/upload.php on line 1197

Post #12685th Mar 2005 7:15 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

Try again now, I knew there was something I'd forgotten Sad

Martin

Post #12695th Mar 2005 7:24 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

Magic picture Nigel, whereabout is this in Warwickshire? Very Happy

Martin

Post #12705th Mar 2005 7:27 pm
nigelpugh

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Scotia GreyDiscovery 4
Posted some of mine

Martin,

Thanks just dropped some here quickly.

I am proud that the picture of the back of mine was the first ever to be placed on this area!!

Cheers,

Nige.
 Nige - 2014 Disco 4 TDV6 HSE Luxury - Scotia Grey  
Post #12715th Mar 2005 7:31 pm
nigelpugh

Marin,

Its the start of the green lane - now a UCR at Fen End, its listed on the wet roads web site.

I also took some video footage took today, of the really big ford at packington.

What can I do with that?

Let me know.

Nige.
Post #12725th Mar 2005 7:34 pm
nigelpugh

Links to our pics

Martin,

Dont want you to think I am telling you how to do your job, but........

I told someone yesterday about the photo section of the web site, where you have also posted my video.

BYTW, what the hell happened to the sound, it only went that way when I reduced it in size for the web from the original video to quicktime, it seems that it also shrunk the wavelength of the sound too eh? Just Weird!!

Anyway back to my point. They could not find the pictures or the video for that matter.

It is my feeling that you should put it as a new section for the front portal screen screen, so that people here know where it is, and people visiting can spot it easily and browse.

Only a suggestion of course to the web hosting god. Wink

Cheers,

Nige.
Post #13118th Mar 2005 9:24 am
Gurvan

Location: Germany... Not far from both the US and Hard German rock...

France 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

Just a thing... A direct link from the Home page would be appreciated... If there is one, I missed it... Wink

Post #13278th Mar 2005 9:05 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

its linked at the top of each page under the DISCO.CO.UK logo

-s

Post #13348th Mar 2005 10:25 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

Gallery link

Hi guys

As Simon's kindly noted, the Gallery link is under the bright orange DISCO3.CO.UK logo at the top of the page - you can use the forum/gallery links on whichever part of the site to switch between the two.

I am trying to make a way to put a gallery link in between forum listings, probably between the Issues section and the Site section, but it means hacking the forum code about a bit so I want to get it right first time Wink

There are some cracking photos on there so far, hope more of you can find it now.. Embarassed

Martin

Post #13388th Mar 2005 11:25 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

Re: Links to our pics

nigelpugh wrote:
It is my feeling that you should put it as a new section for the front portal screen screen, so that people here know where it is, and people visiting can spot it easily and browse.
Hi Nige, am looking into putting it as a link through from the main forum listings as well as hiding under the DISCO3.CO.UK logo (see above). I agree it's a good idea and will let you know when it's done Razz
nigelpugh wrote:
Only a suggestion of course to the web hosting god. Wink
Hardly Embarassed

Martin

Post #13398th Mar 2005 11:28 pm
Gurvan

Location: Germany... Not far from both the US and Hard German rock...

France 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

Ok... I am a dumbass and stand corrected ! Cheers !!

Post #13579th Mar 2005 2:46 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

Gallery Buttons

The gallery is now a bit better integrated into the forum - gallery buttons now appear under a user's post. Clicking the button will take you to that user's gallery where you pick which album to look at.

Hope it works ok, was a bit of a pain to sort so hopefully it'll work!

I'm also going to put gallery buttons in the view profile page, and the members list, but the bit I've done I thought was the most important for now Smile

Martin

Post #144914th Mar 2005 11:38 am
nigelpugh

Poss error on my videos

Hi Martin,

Thanks for posting my videos up in the gallery section.

However there may be a small problem to other outside users!!

I have been directing friends to the web site so they can see my pictures and videos.

However when viewing the videos they are complaining they are tiny in size when viewing.

I looked at them on my Mac, without being logged in, seemed fine.

But, when looking at them on my works dell notebook, the videos were indeed tiny and almost invisilbe, they are also very cropped so you cant see what I am actually doing.

Is this an issus to do with the hosing server.

I suppose I am lucky to have Mac in the first place.

Allways hated windoze.......

Nige.
Post #145514th Mar 2005 6:24 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

Hi Nige

What resolution are you running on your Mac?

I've just had a look at the original you sent me (of Great Alne ford) next to the gallery-based one, and they're coming out exactly the same size. Click here to have a look.

I think it might be an issue with screen resolutions - large resolutions will make the video tiny.

The advantage with opening the file separately in an external player and not in the gallery means you can resize the video using the handle on the player, which you can't do in the QuickTime plugin that runs the video stored in the gallery.

Let me know what you reckon! Smile Obviously I'd like to sort this so people are happy Smile

Martin

Post #145614th Mar 2005 6:51 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >