Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

Pop goes the sunroof
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
paulmeryan

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Pop goes the sunroof

Literally that's what I imagine happened. Got in the car yesterday, thought 'it's a bit dark in here' and looked up to see crazy paving pattern across the sunroof. Had driven it the previous afternoon and not noticed anything so assume it happened overnight.

Like some others mine is bowed outwards with no sign of an impact point. Something did hit the roof when I drove under a tree a week ago so maybe it was a delayed stress fracture and temperature change in the night caused it to pop with pressure difference being lower outside the car.

Anyhoo! After the debacle with Autoglass over my windscreen several months ago...

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic114464.html

....I was not encouraged by the Autoglass operator this morning who says he can't book appointments for sunroofs with my Privilege policy and needs the billing team to get authorisation from Privilege who won't cover LR glass for sunroofs if they allow it under the glass policy, but I will get OEM standard. So if Privilege allow it I may just suck it up this time as it's not the windscreen, but after this I am cancelling my policy and moving it somewhere they don't use Autoglass. Shower of Censored bar stewards the lot of them.
 VR6 > 330D Touring > D3 HSE > !?XC90?!  
Post #149073221st Jun 2015 12:30 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >