DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D4)

Removing Front Headrest with Rear Seat Entertainment HSE LUX
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Badders81

United Kingdom 
Removing Front Headrest with Rear Seat Entertainment HSE LUX

Hello all,
We have a D4 HSE LUX 2014. I am attempting to family and dog proof it (a little too late we have had it for 4 years, but I thought what the heck we will probably keep for the long haul so we should start looking after her).
I have bought some Exmoor Trim seat covers from ebay and have fitted the rear seats. The issue I now have is fitting the front seat covers. This is a simple job on most D4s, the head rests are remove the covers popped over the seat and the head rest re inserted. The HSE LUX has rear seat entertainment (RSE) which has the wired running through one of the head rest guide bars into the seat (see pics).
I have consulted other forums and the only one of any assistance is this post (https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic47680.html, with this pdf guide https://media.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/...uide.pdf), however this discusses the retro fitting of an RSE from a RRS into a D3.
I have also downloaded the D3 and D4 workshop manual, which appears to show a similar RSE unit to the one discussed in the forum post above, where it is possible to remove the head restrain retaining clips, which appear to be different on later D4s. (see pic).
I have tracked the wires running from the RSE to a terminal block at the front of the seat base (see pic), which I guess could be uncouple and pulled back through with a guide wire attached to allow for their subsequent reinstall, something I wouldn't like to do.
Does anybody know if it is possible to remove the head rest retaining clips (as in the D3 seats) and if there is a connector block located closer to the head rest rather than the one which is located under the front of the seat.
Alternatively could one approach be to remove the TV from the headset and thus attempt remove the head set this way?
In short I just need to remove the headrest containing the RSE to get seat covers on.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Post #220321717th Jan 2021 11:10 pm
swansty

Northern Ireland 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

Did you ever work out how to do this?

Post #22292029th May 2021 3:33 pm
M3bobby

United Kingdom 

There’s 2 connectors at the base of the seat back (not the front ones), disconnect those, push your hand up the rear of the back rest and unclip the wires. Remove the head rest, now you need to pull out the retainer, there’s a trick to it which I forget now. I think I had to pull back the leather surrounding the clip, pop a screw driver between seat and clip and depress the retainer, it will then pop out (I had to wrap string around it to pull on).
 012MY RRS 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography (Current)
Mods:
TPMS (Complete but got an issue)
Genuine LR DRLs (Complete)
Remote Boot close from key fob (Complete)
2016 Discovery 4 Mirrors AKA RRS2 (Complete)
2014 L405 Surround Camera retro fit (Now 2016 L319)
2013 RRS Dual View Screen fit (Complete)
2016 LR4 RSE (Complete)
2014 LR4 Homelink (Complete)
2016 FFRR Electrochromatic Wing Mirror Glass (Complete) 

Post #223173722nd May 2021 11:27 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >