Member Since: 21 Mar 2020
[For Sale] 2006 Black Discovery 3 HSE - Auto - 148K - £3,000
Here for sale is my 2006 Black Discovery 3 HSE - Auto - 148K - £3,000 OVNO
Suitable for project / Repair.
Purchased in February 2020 as a project from CoPart, CAT-N with 144K on the clock. As such I only have service history from what I have completed.
Since it's purchase I have replaced several cosmetic parts such as wings, grille, door, wing mirror. I also replaced headline air-bags, front seat belts and fitted new front seats backs.
Mechanically I personally have completed the following:
- DIY Gearbox Flush with 10L Mannol ATF AG55 Oil
- Replace a rear air con pipe (Section 3). Does need re-gassing, I only put a small amount of gas in to test
- Replaced front drivers side wheel bearing
- Replaced both rear drop links
- Replaced Rear Prop Shaft with GKN
- Replaced Front Prop Shaft
- Fitted a good condition used front diff (84K from a 2010 D4)
- Avon AX7 Tyre's all round, recently balanced. Only done Approx. 10,000 miles. Spare: Full Size HSE Alloy with Pirelli - Good tread.
- Replaced Aux Tensioner
- Fitted genuine new intercooler pipe
- Replaced drivers side sunroof drain tube
- Oil & Oil Filter change at 147K.
- New Front & Rear Windscreen Wipers
- Recent handbrake adjustment
- Damaged drivers side step, along with some cosmetic marks and scratches.
- Paint peeled from Nearside Passenger Door showing some rust to the door (See Photo)
- Belts - Unknown when they was done.
- Oil Pump - Unknown if it has the updated oil pump or not. I don't have time to look sadly.
- Oil Sump Sensor - Needs replacing as broken - One supplied.
- Battery - Needs replacing as it doesn't hold charge.
- Rear Parking Sensor - One of the rear sensors sometimes doesn't work in the rain.
- If left for 5/7 days it will lower to bump stops, I suspect slightest leak at the rear.
- MOT dated 7th January 2021 - Failure on the following points (See Photo Below):
- Both Rear Lower Suspension Arms
- Nearside Rear Upper Arm
- Offside CV Boot allowing dirt ingress
- Drives very well. Plenty of power from the engine.
- Tracking all aligned. Pulls and brakes straight.
- Gearbox is ok, pulls well, drops down without issues when required and smooth considering the mileage.
- I've completed 4,000 miles since putting on the road in May 2020. Loved it. Have recently completed a 1,000 mile trip up to Wales and around. Zero issues.
- All electric seat functions work, Heated seats front & rear, radio, windows, doors lock fine etc. Leather interior seats are in good condition, drivers side has usual signs of wear however no obvious rips or tears.
- Suspension goes up and down with no issues.
- No leaks around the engine or running gear etc.
- EGR's have been previously blanked.
- Good Previous MOT history.
- Lower Tax Band of £330 for 12 months, £181 for 6 months or monthly payments of approximately £28.88.
Genuine reason for sale:
2) Having loved this so much I'm looking at purchasing a D4 which I plan to have for 8/10+ years. This was just a cheap dip into the world of LR for fun and loved it!
5 Former Keepers.
V5 in possession in my name.
I have a GAP IID Tool that can be used to view and read any faults.
I have a thread that I have kept up to date on Disco3 forum, which can be viewed here if of interest:
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum