Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > FS: Discovery 3 and 4 Vehicles

[Sold] Discovery 4 commercial many toys, Reduced.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
s60r

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Yes makes sense….

It’s all a money go round, and it’s one I’m pleased to step off. You wait… it’s been fault less….. stop the warranty and now it’ll break!! Lol.

I did see you had a new engine… is the new one much improved? How long do they warrant the new engine?
I’m pretty sure we used to belong to the QQ forum a few years back? Can’t be too many popsdosh’s around! Laughing
 A mod a week until I have nothing to improve or add.  
Post #231065411th Oct 2022 10:36 pm
RogB

United Kingdom 

s60r wrote:
Totally agreed Pops.... in the end they said they were going to take the wheels off to check the brakes and my first thought was "can I do it as you'll Censored my wheel nuts with your guns"..... I then realised I don't want them doing anything to my car.

Ill care for it and get a breakdown/recovery (just in case it now reverts to type!)

650 for a service though!!

Makes the 1300 I paid for the cam belts and service last year look good value!

if that was under the 3+ scheme they will only have done the front belts, they wont have touched the HPFP belt at the back. I know this as i had mine done by LR under 3+ scheme for £1300 and a couple of days later it started rattling like a metal tool box full of loose spanners. LR then had it for 10 days with body off to fix the problem and some sneaky phone calls highlighted that under the scheme they only change the front belts. To do the rear belts as well was over £2k !!!

my invoice from them clearly showed both belts though, so i think they dont bother changing the HPFP belt and take their chances on things going wrong (like mine did)

i believe the LR hourly labour rate currently sits at £240 incl VAT. Shocked
 2011 D4 XS 305 MY12 - gone but not forgotten  
Post #231068412th Oct 2022 8:34 am
s60r

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Yes Rog,

more evidence of LR servicing being a bit Censored ...... & they charge the earth for it...........at least I know how things will be done onwardly.... as ill be doing most of it. (hopefully).
Post #231075912th Oct 2022 7:14 pm
RogB

United Kingdom 

would love to have your spannering skills, Id be back in a D4 like a shot (and try to ignore the crank anxiety Laughing )

Of the many cars ive owned over the years the D4 is the only one I truly regret selling on.
 2011 D4 XS 305 MY12 - gone but not forgotten  
Post #231079813th Oct 2022 6:51 am
s60r

Yes Rog, I do love mine, they are great vehicles…. But a large degree of DIY is required if you plan to keep them into older age or it becomes very costly….

If mine doesn’t sell it will be used as a camper going forwards.

It’s now reduced to 17995 for its final 2 weeks of trying to sell… if I end up keeping it a full camper conversion thread will follow! I was planning this in the L322 but with oil changes every 5k or 6 months I’m hoping the D4 can survive the dreaded crank worries.

Every car I’ve ever owned (over 25 at last count) Laughing has had inherent worries or known issues….. I used to worry about these things, but as I’ve aged I believe in getting what you want and fixing it if it breaks! (And try to be as preventative as poss as you go along of course!) Smile
Post #231110315th Oct 2022 6:38 am
s60r

Brief update,

Warranty has been cancelled so the cost is now down at 17995. Less is possible with things removed from sale. (Black alloys, IID, tuning box etc etc)

Warranty can be reinstated if required inside 30 days.
Post #231110715th Oct 2022 6:56 am
s60r

SOLD.
Post #231189220th Oct 2022 2:21 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >