DISCO4.COM > FS: All Other Items

[Sold] Huawei GT3 Pro Smart watch
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
[For Sale] Huawei GT3 Pro Smart watch

Only selling as I have upgraded to the blue Titanium 4 Pro model

Bought this August 23 and it has been my daily wearer since. Reason I went for this was it was the most 'normal watch' looking one I found, had decent reviews and really good 'health' features I was mainly looking for (Heartrate, ECG, blood oxygen, etc.). There was a thread at the time;

https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic205380...mart+watch

Nearly six months on what I can update on is battery life is genuine 14-15 days with my usage (that would include maybe receiving a couple of short telephone calls on it per week if someone rang while I was cooking, regular use of the health features, step monitoring, reading incoming messages, weather check, etc. Oh, and as a watch Wink ). The health features seem accurate, steps is GPS based so more accurate than previous Fitbits you have to calibrate, etc.

The one feature I had a concern about was the sleep app. Reviews said if you got up in the night and less than six hours had elapsed then it couldn't record sleep data. That has not been borne out in usage. Like many men of a certain age I am up like clockwork in the early hours to go for a pee but sleep date has all been recorded fine (and accurately).

The Pro is the Titanium model so is really light and it sits well on the wrist. Screen is super clear and its easy to navigate menus with screen and scroll button, etc.

It will come with four straps shown in the picture I will attach; original grey leather it came with (worn 1-2 days until I replaced it), blue 'denim colour' leather strap never used, blue neoprene strap worn a few times and the 'daily' dark blue leather strap showing its wear. You don't need tools to swap strap, takes just a few seconds to swap straps and 1000's of options on Amazon for replacements from a couple of quid and upwards.

I had it paired to an iPhone and it is seamless and the Huawei app is comprehensive on the data dashboard (quite similar to Fitbit to any that use that). With Android you, apparently, get better app options and access to their music library.

I am looking for £170 with an insured PO delivery option paid for by me, the straps and a new, unused, wireless magnetic charger.

RRP is £299 but most 'high street' retailers are at £249.99 and often throw in an extra charger or such like. Second-hand on eBay you have chancers listing them above RRP and near that £249 price even when second hand. They are not in short supply.....

The pictures show it 'as is' an hour or so ago prior to this listing. One close up picture I have taken is to try and show some of the tiniest marks in the metal bezel edge (not the glass) between '11 and 12' but they are really minor and hard to show, they are that insignificant.

The watch face in the picture is just my personal preference and looks quite smart (again, that 'normal' watch look) but it has a dozen or so different watch faces you can flip between from retro 'digital' numbers, to sports data themed and then silly 'moon and stars' and 'earth mother' types..... Wink

I think I've covered everything but if not ask as necessary.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #23614989th Feb 2024 4:27 pm
astonbuilder

Little bump

seemed to be an interest in smart watches on original thread when I bought it, wrongly priced?

Offers?

Post #236261321st Feb 2024 2:53 pm
astonbuilder

Sold

Now sold Thumbs Up

Post #23635154th Mar 2024 5:52 pm
PROFSR G

Ukraine 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

What are your impressions of the Huawei 4 Pro?
 yµ (idµ - eAµ) ψ=mψ

Post #23635304th Mar 2024 8:13 pm
astonbuilder

Honest opinion is GT3 Pro mostly because of price….

The 4 Pro is better, screen, sensors, few extra bits and bobs but for my intended purchase which was around health apps they are basically the same.

Where the 3 Pro is better, or rather easier to live with, is battery life; I was getting a genuine 14-15 days between charges. The 4 Pro goes about 4 days in reality. I’m in habit now of charging whenever I have a shower and that keeps it topped up. There is a ‘long range’ setting that turns off WiFi and stunts other features to extend it to about 8 days (not tried by me)

The 4 Pro I had was specifically a bit more of a fashion statement as I have the blue titanium model, but I’d reiterate the 3 Pro is much better VFM and I’ve yet to see/use the benefit of extra features really.

Really impressed with Huawei and the watches features and work seamlessly with iPhone with great phone dashboard. Android gives extra linked features around music, store apps etc.

Post #23635364th Mar 2024 9:16 pm
PROFSR G

Seems a step backwards to go from 14 days down to four, or is it the use of additional bells and whistles that pull it down?

I've been considering a smart watch for a long time but have been put off by short battery life or "brand issues"
 yµ (idµ - eAµ) ψ=mψ

Post #23635655th Mar 2024 9:50 am
astonbuilder

It is in a way but later model is more power hungry ‘chip’ plus WiFi, whistles and bells etc.

4-5 days charge isn’t as much faff as expected really, after all we’re used to mobile phones….

It has a button pad charger so if you take it off easy to just drop it on there that for 10 minutes or so.

The 3 Pro at 14+ days was something of a bonus, given its own feature laden content.

I would still be more than happy with a 3 Pro as both ‘normal watch’ and great health features including certified ECG. The main benefit to me is the 4 is just a ‘nicer watch’ IMO as I specifically wanted the blue titanium edition

Plenty of other good recommendations in that original thread, some ‘sport’ orientated, some basic, etc. all with pro’s and con’s

Post #23636265th Mar 2024 6:20 pm
PROFSR G

Thanks for your input. Thumbs Up
 yµ (idµ - eAµ) ψ=mψ

Post #23636285th Mar 2024 6:34 pm
Dondiddy

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4

Just a quick note to thank Andy for the great communication and the very accurate description of the watch which I have now received and I`m delighted with! Haven`t read the manual yet but have already found more than enough features to be very happy about. Many thanks again!

Post #236436514th Mar 2024 11:58 pm
PROFSR G

astonbuilder wrote:
Honest opinion is GT3 Pro mostly because of price….

The 4 Pro is better, screen, sensors, few extra bits and bobs but for my intended purchase which was around health apps they are basically the same.

Where the 3 Pro is better, or rather easier to live with, is battery life; I was getting a genuine 14-15 days between charges. The 4 Pro goes about 4 days in reality. I’m in habit now of charging whenever I have a shower and that keeps it topped up. There is a ‘long range’ setting that turns off WiFi and stunts other features to extend it to about 8 days (not tried by me)

Probably not the place for this astonbuilder, but I thought I'd respond to your replies. Well, I went for this in the end. (Or rather SWIMBO did Whistle )

Click image to enlarge

It's much more than I needed (or wanted) but it was seamless connectivity, and updated in about 10 mins. Initial impressions are it's lightness, I haven't had a watch regularly on my wrist in years and I don't even notice this. Great to no longer have to faff about with work gloves when the phone rings. Much of it's bells and whistles I won't use, but the heart and sp02 monitoring etc is desirable.
 yµ (idµ - eAµ) ψ=mψ

Post #236521326th Mar 2024 4:23 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >