Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

service interval reset
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
sarnau1

Wales 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
service interval reset

Just had my 2 year service (06 discovery TDV6S) and garage did not reset the service interval indicator, no big deal and I could have lived with it, but I having been given the instructions for reseting it myself, which doesn't work, now has become an issue.....
Instructions state that to reset the indicator you should turn the ignition off, hold down button A (the trip reset button) and turn the ignition to position II (marked on the lock barrel) the word "SERVICE" will then flash for 5 seconds and then be permanently displayed. The rest gets more confusing, but mine just goes back to display the miles.
Any help out there.....or just back to the garage to be wired up to big brother??
 2006 black disco3, tdv6s auto,  
Post #2700059th Mar 2008 7:00 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

I suggest back to the dealer. Someone posted a procedure recently, but I don't think it worked either.

Post #2700129th Mar 2008 7:29 pm
lr3maybe

United States 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Zermatt SilverLR3

That procedure did not work for my US 2006 LR3 either. The manual says there is more than one setting for the service indicator - i.e. how it indicates (maybe time or miles). I think mine was set to 184 days and starting indicating a countdown around day 30 to go. I believe this system can be turned off.

When I take it in for service next month I'll ask them to either tell me how to reset it myself or disable it so I don't have to have them do it in the future. If I find out how, I'll let you know. If anyone has figured it out I'd like to find out too.

Post #27837127th Mar 2008 8:26 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

there is no 'owner reset' procedure, only the dealer with IDS or an Autologic equiped independent can reset (or turn off) the service interval indicator

Post #27846027th Mar 2008 10:41 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
lr3maybe

United States 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Zermatt SilverLR3

Thanks 10forcash,
I'll make sure they disable it so after the warranty runs out (and the included service visits) it won't come on anymore.

Post #27889428th Mar 2008 10:10 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >