DISCO4.COM > General (D4)

Strange AC Fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Baxterdown

United States 2016 LR4 3.0 SCV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyLR4
Strange AC Fault

Hi everyone,

Something strange happened to my partner’s 2016 LR4 today. We drove to a restaurant, and everything was ok. When we came out an hour later, I opened the passenger door, and the rubber mat was covered with water (see photo attached). It rained while we were having lunch, so I immediately thought of clogged sunroof lines. The carpet under the mat was wet but that was it. The headliner was dry, the pillars were dry. The driver’s side was dry. There was no water anywhere else in the car. I checked the windows and sunroof, and they were closed properly.

When we started driving, even though the AC was set to high (it’s very hot in Florida right now), there was not much air coming out of the vents. However, the fan sounded like it was working. We fiddled with the controls and changed to defrost, then to the floor vents, then to heat, etc. Eventually we heard the fan change the pitch of how it was sounding, and air started coming out of the dash vents full blast.

The AC has been operating ok the rest of the day. It’s cooling ok, there is no water anywhere, and the dash vents are pumping out lots of cold air.

Any thoughts on what could have happened are sincerely appreciated!

Jose

Post #234502913th Aug 2023 11:46 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >