Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Tailgait captive spring nut part number and other questions.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
BradC

Australia 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Izmir BlueDiscovery 3
Tailgait captive spring nut part number and other questions.

G'day All,

The lower tailgate trim on the D3 (ERQ000053PVJ) is held on with 4 screws (EYP500250). Does anyone know the part number for the little black spring-clip nut that grips the inside of the trim?

Mine is missing a screw, so I managed to track down the part number and order some, but on attempting installation the reason it's missing the screw is there is nothing in there to hold it in place.

While I'm here, the 6-stacker RSE DVD player needs a service (works, but is a bit dicey, hopefully just a lens clean), but to get it out I need to remove the rear trim. This is necessitates removal of the rear seat-belt bolt (EYG500130). These are marked as single use. Is that single use because of torque / flex / stretch / whatever, or single use because they are pre-coated with thread-locker and I can clean it up and re-use it without compromising the safety of the belt.

The front seal Lumbar support handles (HJN500012HPQ) have both broken. Both have small cracks around the sleeve which means it just falls off under any torque. They are NLA although the darker colour is still available (HJN500012PVJ). I was going to try a layer of non-stretch Kapton tape with a glue lined heatshrink to reinforce the sleeve. Has anyone developed a viable method for prolonging the life of these obviously quite fragile bits?

Failing that, I'll order the black ones I suppose, but with the freight being 3 times the value of a pair of handles I'd prefer a viable repair method.

Regards,
Brad

Post #222928710th May 2021 3:42 am
Bungle

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Quote:
The lower tailgate trim on the D3 (ERQ000053PVJ) is held on with 4 screws (EYP500250). Does anyone know the part number for the little black spring-clip nut that grips the inside of the trim?

It is the sort of thing a local motor factor would have (in the UK there is a company called Pearly Wot Nots who supply small packs of bits and pieces like fuses, washer jet nozzles, tyre dust caps, numberplate fixings and most motor factors have a display of their stuff), I have to admit it wold never have occurred to me to get a genuine one, but if I were I would just go to the dealer - even from them it should be relatively cheap and you don't have to try and identify the right part number.

Quote:
These are marked as single use. Is that single use because of torque / flex / stretch / whatever, or single use because they are pre-coated with thread-locker and I can clean it up and re-use it without compromising the safety of the belt.

Hmm, most Ford belt fixings (and this vehicle was from the Ford era) come pre coated with thread locker, when I have had to unbolt Transit seat belts I have just cleaned the old stuff off the thread, put on a dab of Loktite and put them back together. I have not had the belts out of my Disco but if they have what looks like blue paint on the threads I would think that is what it is. I very much doubt they are stretch bolts but I am prepared to be corrected!

Post #222934010th May 2021 12:40 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >