DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Fuel pressure and injector balance HELP
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Busby330

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 3
Fuel pressure and injector balance HELP

Hi guys and girls

Loosing interest in this motor at this point...
Went on trip to weston, drove beautiful down and majority of the way back, pulling onto the m42 off the m5 had to slow down to a stop at which point engine was miss firing like mad. Limped it home and thought ill deal with that in the morning. However went out about hour after it fired up was still rough but ran.
Come out to it the following morning and it was dead would crank away but not start. Read a few threads on here and they led me to robbies guide. Pressure on the scraeder valve was at best 0.3 so in tank pumpnwas replaced and tank cleaned out whilst I was there. Put tank back together and it fired up ran abit ropey so decided to change the pressure sensor fuel filter, this didn't seem to change much. Eventually I gave in and brought a new hpfp belt and tensioner and following a guide on here changed it over, car will run with no warnings on tick over but smokes on 3k revs and if you hold revs over 4.5k it throws esf susp light etc, i checked the new pressure sensor this is 55pp19-1 but according to what I'm reading mine should be running 55pp04-01 sensor.
I changed inj 1 as this was originally reading 1300 now I get 620 at best.
I've added the current readings for you to have a look and advise. I'm about to change the fuel filter once again tonight but any help

Post #234022823rd Jun 2023 3:24 pm
jenseneverest

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Injectors are still not happy, struggling to offset each other to reach a balance.
What is your low pressure readings now after the in tank pump change ? Did you fit a full tank module or go the cheap route with just a 50 quid pump ? ( i learnt the hard way when doing mine)
Did you fit a genuine filter ? Again had issues there myself.
Assuming low pressure side is now alright, then look at doing more/all the injectors.

Post #234028424th Jun 2023 9:04 am
Busby330

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 3

Hi bud.
Low pressure reading Is now fine, replaced whole pump, did consider the pump only option but after alot reading decided against it.
I've replaced today with new gen filter and still get the same.will happily tick over until you give it some revs the bing F 3 lights esf on, get a whitey grey smoke out the back until I restart engine then everything goes Inc smoke. From the readings above which injectors do you think are at fault?any help would be appreciated

Post #234059727th Jun 2023 9:42 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >