Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

Autoglass - here we go again
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
paulmeryan

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Autoglass - here we go again

The level of customer service is so bad it can only be deliberate.

After my sunroof exploded on the 19th June I have been fed nothing but nonsense and BS by AG.

On the 20th June I phoned AG who said sunroof glass was not covered and my insurer needs to approve it. They said they would contact my insurer on Monday and call me back. I called them on Tuesday as they didn't call me back and they said my claim is with their pricing team and they'll call me back.

The next day I contact my insurer online who said they hadn't been contacted by AG but assured me the glass was covered whatever the cost of LR glass. My insurer also asks if my car is watertight, which it's not really (Duct taped) so they call AG and instruct them to call me within 4 hours to make an appointment to carry out a temporary fix. Privilege also promises if I'm unhappy with the timeline AG gives me they'll sort an alternative out. Privilege did all this through an online chat window and emailed me the transcript. No queuing on the phone, no being put on hold and a clear record of the conversation. Brilliant. Minimal disruption and inconvenience. Good customer service.

AG eventually call me 4 hours later to say they don't do temporary fixes because of liability and someone will call me back with an appointment. This was Wednesday.

No call Thursday.

No call Friday or Saturday.

After the dousing we got on Sunday while driving round the M25 with a gaffer taped sunroof over a week after it broke and was reported and despite there being plenty glasses in stock at LR I began to get a little annoyed by the staggering indifference and ineptitude AG is displaying again.

Then I noticed a missed call this morning on my phone, which turns out to be an AG number when I Googled it. So I call them back in hope of getting some satisfaction only to spend 10 mins on the call (which I made to them) most of which was spent on hold only to be finally asked what number I was calling. It took all the restraint I can muster on Monday morning not to lose the plot so I simply ended the call as politely as I could saying I'd wait to hear back from whoever had called me. Because it seems that is all you can do with AG. There is no point in wasting your life chasing them or arguing with them. They will just do what they please.

Mentioned this to a work colleague who replied they'd been on Watchdog recently. No Censored surprise there. I don't like to wish anyone lose their job, but the executives who deliberately build these shambolic businesses certainly deserve to and frankly the mouth-breathers they employ to frustrate their customers' customers don't deserve minimum wage either. And this is the problem with AG, they don't work for you and I who actually need their services, they work for the big insurers and the money markets so both are effectively disconnected from the end-user through the other.

Rant over.
 VR6 > 330D Touring > D3 HSE > !?XC90?!  
Post #149435129th Jun 2015 10:10 am
Alex08

Scotland 

Agree - my experience with them exactly. The actual fitter chaps are fine. The admin system is cr@p and not focussed on delivering the service for the customer.

If you get grief with them it is better to bale early and get your insurer to authorise another fitter. If the they have to do this often enough, they might consider a new supplier when AG's contract is up. THEN they might improve.

In the old days they had a centre you could take the car to and speak to someone. These seem all to have gone and all they offer now is a mobile fitting service.

Post #149436029th Jun 2015 10:25 am
crews control

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Good rant... AG are seriously terrible, even bare faced lied to me more than once. Trouble is, they are so cheap for the insurers, everyone uses them.

Before buying car insurance, I now make a point to check I can use other windscreen companies... some don't want to let you (which is, I'm told, illegal), but if enough people do it, the message will get through.
Evil or Very Mad

Post #149456629th Jun 2015 7:08 pm
Farmer Chalk

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

Complain to your insurer....
I've just gone through six weeks of torture with Autoglass and eventually they arranged for me to have a genuine screen fitted through my dealer....and waived the excess fee....

My letter of complaint was dealt with by Axa and two days later then found in my favour....all I wanted for them to do is note the issues I had faced...without warning a cheque for £150 arrived as a good will gesture! Doesn't make up for the day's wasted waiting for AG to arrive...

Post #149469829th Jun 2015 10:43 pm
fisherman

Wales 

AG lied through their teeth on more than one occasion to dodge fitting my screen. They even had a young guy call me back from a mobile saying "as you can see I'm calling you from my own phone because I have so much respect for you, Call your insurance company and ask to change suppliers as you'll never get a screen from AG". They have an agreement to supply all screens at £180 and take a hit if they're more than that. So if an expensive one comes along they dodge it by frustrating the customer to the point they go elsewhere. I got a screen from LR and had it fitted by CCS in Chelmsford and couldn't fault them. Allianz asked me to pay and they would reimburse me. I then got a call asking if I'd had to hire a car (which I didn't) and for the inconvenience they would give me £100 extra. I didn't accept the £100 because I don't like the compensation culture and feel that I couldn't feel holier than thou if I did Rolling with laughter , so they waived my excess as a goodwill gesture. I can't fault Allianz for their help and it was nice to have someone witnessing the events as they unfolded in front of our disbelieving eyes. AG will fail, you can't Censored people about and carry on regardless. Good riddance I say. Bunch of Censored
 FFRR 2017 4.4SDV8 Autobiography. Cost so much I must be mad!
D4 HSE 2012 Like a second wife, more expensive but goes better! I almost cried this time!
D3 HSE 2006 (Almost 8 years together, true love)
Land Cruiser VX 1994 11 years together, wife cried when I p/ex'd for my D3 

Post #149476430th Jun 2015 8:31 am
paulmeryan

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Banging Head You couldn't make this stuff up.

AG left a voicemail and eventually called me back to ask if my car has satnav. Why? They know it's an HSE so it has satnav. At least this alerted me to ask them why they needed to know this so for the 2nd time I explained it is the front electrically operated sunroof NOT the fixed rear glass. Apparently this was in the notes but not the order (Wah?).

The woman I spoke to at least came across as jolly and Mumsy so I couldn't be angry with her personally, but it's like dealing with a hobby business run by an inbred extended family. The back-office culture they have created completely lacks any sense of ownership and consequently professionalism. The fitters at least are competent and skilled at what they do (the guy who eventually fitted my last windscreen couldn't have been more professional) but they need to sort the administration out to survive.
 VR6 > 330D Touring > D3 HSE > !?XC90?!  
Post #14953411st Jul 2015 9:44 am
pjb

England 

Sadly some of their competitors have gone out of business so they are one of very few national firms left.

Try & use a local fitter if you can - Our insurer is NFU & they charge an extra £20 I think excess if you do not use the approved fitter - for me £20 well spent Thumbs Up
 Previously those that have a special place in my heart
BV55YZD G4 RRS
BP52GJE G4 110 

Post #14953461st Jul 2015 9:59 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >