Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

renewal time - strangerer & strangerer
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
al cope

England 
renewal time - strangerer & strangerer

so its renewal time again, and mine is with DL. Paid 573 last year, plus a bit when changed to new D4, so approx 620 annual premium. Renewal for this year is 798 Shocked

Tried doing the usual comparison sites/online folks and was seeing figures around the 600quid mark.

So got on the phone to DL, as this was going to be the 3rd policy increase I'd seen from them this year (house & landlords ins being the other 2), as was about to move car insurance as well, as the best the guy could do over the phone was get the 798 down to 720. Then............

He tells me to go on line to their website (whilst he stays on the line) and get a quote from there using exactly the same details as are on my existing policy - 461 quid!!!

From the site you then transfer the quote (on line button to press) to an agent, so the guy I'm talking to can then see it - checks and varifies it, and gets it OK'd, so....deal done at 461 quid, not a bad saving over the 798 quoted for the renewal.

The chap on the phone said to do this with any renewals from DL Thumbs Up

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #169558924th Aug 2016 2:54 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

But like the annual dance I have with Privilege on renewal for 2 x Jazz policies.

One thing I found with them is sometimes the voluntary excess dialled up doesn't change the premium, hence it's at £0. Mr. Green

Post #169559124th Aug 2016 2:58 pm
lespes

Guernsey 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

I have found something even stranger!

Do quote 2 times without saving it, first is lower than renewal, second slightly more, third time much cheaper. this was on DL site and have now done same on AA website for both mine and wifes car.

Go figure, perhaps it was just me or lucky or something else in the wind, makes no sense at all.

Saved over £450 quid on renewal quotes and have same level of cover.

Landrover insurance has certainly gone downhill since Allianz started underwriting it. Charging £50 for protected claims now and only covers 1 accident before they start deducting your hard earned no claims discount.

LR insurance blamed gov tax increase, pointed out that was only 3% not the 32% they had jacked the premium up by, then offered a "loyalty discount" £10
 D4 Landmark MY16 Santorini Black THE LAST
D4 HSE MY12 Marmais Teal: Gone. Missed a lot!
Freelander 2 SD HSE MY11 Silver:Thankfully gone.
D4 HSE MY11 Silver: Gone missed !
Range Rover Sport MY06 HSE Buck Blue: Gone missed!
Discovery D2 TD5 Facelift MY Red Gone Missed!
Discovery D2 TD5 Cobalt Blue: Gone Missed!
Discovery D1 Auto Oxford Blue Not missed at all!
Discovery D1 Avalon Blue First LR! missed!

Now demoted to a VW 

Post #169560424th Aug 2016 3:43 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >