Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Gremlins sorted.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Spannerman

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3
Gremlins sorted.

Having had the dashboard lit up like a christmas tree , with reference to faults like hand brake failure, suspension lowered, abs, no special programs ect ect. the end result that was causing so many faults to be displayed was simply a loose abs plug at the rear O/S wheel this caused so much anxiety the day before & a trip to france. It's fair to say , I knew most of the items had not failed at all , as the supposed handbrake failure never existed once & worked through out.I think a very helpful trick in diagnosing this fault is to leave the ignition on and move the wiring loom in the area you think , maybe at fault. in my case the supposed diagnostics was sometimes highlighting this sensor as a contributing fault , along with a few others such as all terrain module but when observing the data displayed it was seemingly ok. Buy moving the loom /sensor connector in this area made the dashboard emit the chime that normally is a sign of impending doom but in my case was an eureka moment that finally I was looking at the right place , the simple making & breaking of the circuit at this point was generating so many faults I was close to despair with the car. I thought I had to confirm the problem because so many were helpful on the forum my sincere thanks to those who responded Thumbs Up

Post #230073120th Jul 2022 11:22 am
ianm27

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Glad to hear it was a simple and no-cost solution Thumbs Up

Our cars just like to make sure we are paying lots of attention to them Laughing
 Uncle Ray's spare wheel protector
Limo Tint
Blackvue front & rear dashcam
Cruise control switch pack
Bodsy's remote for FBH 

Post #230074820th Jul 2022 12:52 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >