Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D4)

DPF Sensor hose size??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
andy_j

United Kingdom 
DPF Sensor hose size??

Over the last few years foxes/rodents have taken a shine to chewing the hoses and cables from my DPF to the sensors. LR garage have fixed three times but have charged around £900 each time!

Despite the garage having added foil and rodent repellent spray the last time, the hoses have been chewed through again.

This time I need to fix it myself… as the LR garage have bled me dry.

Could anyone please tell me what spec/size/diameter (internal/external)/length (black rubber) hoses I need to go from the DPF to the DPF pressure sensor? Or if you have a link to a supplier that would be great. I have tried searching online for the answer but can’t find it anywhere.

The image is not of my DPF hoses (mine are in 20 pieces over my drive!), but the two hoses from the DPF to the pressure sensor can be clearly seen on the left of the DPF (for reference).

Many thanks in advance for your time! I’m at my wits end (and broke due to employer going into Administration!!).

Post #234064828th Jun 2023 2:44 pm
sailormike

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Measure the outside diameter of the metal pipe, probably around 6 to 8mm then buy some good quality flexible fuel pipe by the meter and jubilee clips.

The length of the metal pipes from the DPF filter should drop the exhaust temperature down enough so the flexible pipes are OK.
 Disco 4
Burstner motorhome
BMW 225e (only 1/2 way to electric) 

Post #234072229th Jun 2023 6:57 am
andy_j

United Kingdom 

Thanks for taking the time to reply Sailormike.

I have ordered some 6mm and 5mm internal diameter fuel hose (and hose clamps) online.

If all goes well it should fix things for £10! I’ll know if it’s worked because, currently, there’s a warning light on… and then the car goes into restricted mode about 5 minutes into a journey.

If it *does* work… it’ll make me feel sick to think how much I’ve been charged the last three times to fix it! [… about £2,700 at a guess…].
 2013 Discovery 4  
Post #234075429th Jun 2023 12:13 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >