DISCO4.COM > Maintenance & Mods (D4)

Propshaft heat shield part number
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
goodo

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Propshaft heat shield part number

Hi,

Our Propshaft rubber for the centre bearing has gone. I need to replace the Propshaft.

I noticed the heat shield has fallen apart at the mounting points. Does anyone know how I can find out the part number and get a replacement? I think it’s been rattling underneath for quite some time now.

Thanks

Post #235601315th Dec 2023 11:53 am
DN
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Is it really badly falling apart ? Just an idea…… One mounting hole in mine was a bit corroded away, I put a large penny washer either side of the hole in the heat shield, and bolted it back up, it is secure enough now.
 D3 owned from new, P017 brake recall, BAS FBHIC, new FBH, LR013487 oil pump, new water pump. RRS front lower suspension arms. New suspension compressor/ relay. New Denso alternator. CuNifer rear brake pipes. New GKN rear propshaft. New HPFP belt & tensioner. New A/C Condenser.NO WARRANTY for many many years.  
Post #235601415th Dec 2023 12:00 pm
PROFSR G

Ukraine 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

You can replace the centre bearing albeit a bit fiddly, but a whole lot cheaper than a new shaft of which aftermarket ones can be out of balance sometimes! https://www.advancedfactors.co.uk/replacem...1067-p.asp

The GKN prop has a better reputation. https://www.advancedfactors.co.uk/lr037027...9914-p.asp

Some members use a poly sealant such as Silkaflex to refill the rubber section of the centre mounting. Presumably as a stop-gap measure if the bearing itself is ok. (use the search function) The heat shields do corrode at the fixing points, enlarging the holes so the nuts won't hold the shield on the studs. You can overcome this by using a large penny washer which will work fine if the rest of the shield is ok.

If you have a look here you should be able to find the part number for the section you want. Thumbs Up
https://new.lrcat.com/#!/12128/41216/44988/3511/45014
 yµ (idµ - eAµ) ψ=mψ

Post #235601515th Dec 2023 12:25 pm
Breg90

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3
Re: Propshaft heat shield part number

goodo wrote:
Hi,

Our Propshaft rubber for the centre bearing has gone. I need to replace the Propshaft.

I noticed the heat shield has fallen apart at the mounting points. Does anyone know how I can find out the part number and get a replacement? I think it’s been rattling underneath for quite some time now.

Thanks

I got a print out of the heat shield part numbers from landrover , but not sure where I put it. However prices were not low. You can buy the dimpled aluminium material in sheets from motorsport suppliers. Might be worth a look to re make yourself. Form it over your knee etc.
 Series one 1949 - in bits, chassis is strapped to the ceiling in my garage (beside the canoe)
LR 90 - In bits
Disco 3 - currently in bits 

Post #235603915th Dec 2023 6:16 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >