DISCO4.COM > Technical (D4)

LR4 Air suspension will not lower
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
MDLR473

United Kingdom 
LR4 Air suspension will not lower

Hoping someone can help.
I have a 2010 LR4 which I've not owned for too long. The air suspension is constantly trying to raise the car to full height. The minute I tried to lower the air suspension it would throw up an air suspension fault and try to raise the car back up

The fault code read -gallery not venting. I went for blocked desiccant in the air dryer, went for the quick fix of replacing the whole compressor assy. The pump is an AMK pump. I believe this has been upgraded at some point as when inputting the reg to purchase a new pump it points to the Hitachi being fitted. I'm assuming the software had been upgraded too as the pump looks like its been fitted a while.

Replacing the pump didn't make any difference. I then replaced the forward levelling valve block in the front right wheel arch. It may have been coincidence but now it seems i can select down on the suspension height switch without it throwing up a fault straight away. It does however immediately try to push the suspension back up even with the button depressed. On initial lower selection I can hear a slight release of air which then stops. If I repeatedly select the switch it does repeat that action throwing out a small amount of air out then stopping. The exhaust valve is getting a power supply according to the code reader which very quickly shuts off. The fault code is still - gallery not venting- at this point, I did on one occasion see an exhaust valve fault but that has not appeared again.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue?

Post #23680673rd May 2024 3:47 pm
ekwan

Malaysia 2008 LR3 TDV6 HSE Auto Scotia GreyLR3

Possible and probably pump exhaust valve went AWOL. I believe you can test that in isolation using the Gap IID tool

Post #236962326th May 2024 4:23 am
M3DPO

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

The exhaust outlet under the rear nearside has been known to get blocked up with dried mud and cause this problem.
The AMK compressor will run on Hitachi software but at a higher pressure, Hitachi will not run on AMK software, you can check and update with the Iid tool.
It is normal for the suspension to raise if it hits an obstruction or resistance when lowering.
 It can when others can't,
It will when others won't,
It goes where others don't. 

Post #236962526th May 2024 6:40 am
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

See u can also buy an exhaust solenoid if required

https://4x4airseals.com/product/amk-air-dr...1a13-c1a20

Post #236963026th May 2024 7:48 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: