Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

RIGHT TO LEFT & LEFT TO RIGHT !!!?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
WaznotWas

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
RIGHT TO LEFT & LEFT TO RIGHT !!!?

Can someone, (anyone! Thumbs Up ) please tell me how to change the headlights from RHD to LHD.

I am driving from UK over to North Germany on Wednesday and was told that the lights are switchable on an HSE, R to L and back again Rolling Eyes

Maybe I missed something but can't find it in the bible. possible speedreading isn't the way to go........ Embarassed

Also advice on preheaters. I have one fitted and need to know how the f Censored to test it so I don't burn the car to a crisp.... Question

Advice please
Waz
 FORECAST FOR TONIGHT: things have happened out there!!!
The countryside is still OURS!!
Club 3 Musketeers, Club D3C, Club Midland CB, Club Vertex PMR, Club GNVP Sump Plate, Club GNVP Sliders, Club Uncle Ray Spare Wheel Protector, Club Smooth Steering Wheel, Club McStuckie
07 HSE Z Silver, black leather, Black RRS badges,
19" anthracite wheels - off, 18" Silver / General AT2's - on,
300 TDI Disco 1 - Sheltering the lawn! 

Post #3558976th Oct 2008 6:20 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic849.html Whistle
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #3559026th Oct 2008 6:27 pm
simoniz

Wales 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

M8 its in yr instruction Handbook - bit fiddly as you got to drop the headlamp out to do it and grapple with a lever inside the unit.

Thumbs Up

Post #3559066th Oct 2008 6:41 pm
WaznotWas

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Cheers guys, just printed out the entire POST and now deciding whether to do it before crossing La Manche or after or just invading and then ignoring the French, Belgian, Dutch AND Germans until safely home in Blighty. Rolling with laughter

Seems there are cases for all three options - I think I'm standing in a barrel and looking for a corner Thud
Club 3 Musketeers, Club D3C, Club Midland CB, Club Vertex PMR, Club GNVP Sump Plate, Club GNVP Sliders, Club Uncle Ray Spare Wheel Protector, Club Smooth Steering Wheel, Club McStuckie

Post #3559206th Oct 2008 7:14 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

If you've not got light guards or an A-bar it will take you 5 mins max. Just don't do it while on eurotunnel as the heat of your engine with the bonnet open will have their fire detection system going loopy.

On the flipside, many of us have driven all over europe without flipping the lights across and not had any problem Confused
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #3560046th Oct 2008 8:26 pm
andychelt

United Kingdom 

Headlight beam adjustment is very tricky to say the least first time, afterwards changing both takes no longer than 10 minutes.

Main thing is its so much easier popping grill out and then lifting the two tabs to take the headlight unit out than fiddling behind them with your hands unable to see. I know some ppl here can but for me I feel like i'm trying to push sausages through a cheese grater Laughing

If your handbook is anything like mine it says beam adjustment is possible! without giving any indication how to!

Not meaning to take anything away from Nicks other thread i;ve added my how to pic for you I knocked up when I first tried it. When the headlights are in your hand even reading and re reading instructions it can take a bit of a "ah that bit!!!!!" moment! Laughing ...or maybe i'm just

Click image to enlarge

Post #3560786th Oct 2008 9:03 pm
lafona00

United Arab Emirates 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

NoDo$h wrote:

On the flipside, many of us have driven all over europe without flipping the lights across and not had any problem Confused

I agree with ND... I am going to France everymonth without doing anything....
No issue at all...
 Arno
No more LR... but a Toyo
Java Black Disco 3 XS Auto - MY2008 - Leather, heated seats.
Series 3 Def 90 - 1993 

Post #3562597th Oct 2008 9:01 am
WaznotWas

Ain't this forum wonderful Thumbs Up

I think this is something I will try when I get back now that I have A3 sized photo with instructions plus 16 pages of the earlier thread also printed out.

Me and 1/2 a tree in the car now Rolling with laughter

At least I have a fall back position and with luck I should be in Germany before sundown (there be ghosts Shocked )

Thanks again to all Thumbs Up

BTW anyone know about the engine preheater test/ operation etc.

I don't want my car fried after I electrocute myself with the light switching as the heater sits up against the inside of the front grill?????

Post #3563537th Oct 2008 1:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >