Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Transmission Fault: HDC, Traction Control off, etc.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Greg9504

Canada 2006 LR3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Buckingham BlueLR3

Did you remove the hard plastic sill cover and expose the bundle of wires?
 2006 SE 4.0 V6 with rear locker  
Post #20982628th Nov 2019 12:51 am
Manatee2000

United States 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 Base 7 Seat Auto Baltic BlueLR3
Thank you Thank you....

bjwhite wrote:
Success! I located the bad splice and while I haven't fully repaired it, I did jump it with some leads and did some testing and everything works as it should.

Thank you Martin for setting me upon the correct course--realizing that the 12v at the red wire in the brake light switch harness was key--along with the "half-operation" of things on that circuit.

The splice in question was in fact SJ1667, which is located on the right side front door (NAS LR3)....in the sill where the mass of wires is located, just before the turn upwards going to the grounds and higher up, the fuse box.

One red wire coming from the back of the vehicle, going into two red wires from the front in that sill area. They were taped with light blue electrical tape and the connection was completely severed--lots of green corrosion in what was left of that connection.

I am going to repair this with crimped butt connectors and waterproof heat shrink. All in all a completely easy fix that was a pain to track down. Thank you again Martin.
Brian

Hi Guys thank you for the Wright up. March 2020 in Denver CO and the bad splice is exactly in the same position. In the US version it is on the passenger side. exact same location with the same blue tape. Why did Land Rover do this to us? Thanks again and all the best Matt...

Post #21266179th Mar 2020 12:10 am
Manatee2000

United States 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 Base 7 Seat Auto Baltic BlueLR3

Greg9504 wrote:
Did you remove the hard plastic sill cover and expose the bundle of wires?

Yes their is a You Tube Video Showing how to get at it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+tak...T51InQBg18

Post #21266189th Mar 2020 12:11 am
Amatty

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I just found the cable on my rhd disco it was located on the drivers side under the metal plate in between the drivers and passenger door

Post #221794616th Mar 2021 3:44 pm
Elienay

Brazil 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 3
Re: Transmission Fault: HDC, Traction Control off, etc.

bjwhite wrote:
I know, I know. Brake light switch right? Not in this case.
I've been through many things to try and track this down, but now that winter is among us, I really need to fix it as the traction control is inoperable with this fault.

The symptom is this.... If I put my foot on the brake and start the car everything seems fine. However, if I remove my foot from the brake I immediately get a transmission fault along with Traction Control light on and amber BRAKE light (North American LR3). Using my IIDtool that code is U0416-86 (2F) Invalid Data from Vehicle Dynamics control module.

Upon further inspection I also get "P0504-64 (2A) Brake Switch A/B correlation" and "P0504-29 (2A) Brake Switch A/B correlation" which also makes it seem brake switch related.

I have two brake switches as I had replaced the original one due to normal maintenance and keep the original one in the vehicle just incase. Both switches behave the exact same way.

BUT HERE IS THE KICKER--which I think is the root of the problem. If I use the IIDtool to go to Live Values, I can go to the brake light switch operation under the Transmission menu. If I leave my foot on the pedal, the brake LIGHT switch function says ON and the brake switch function says ON. If I remove my foot the brake LIGHT switch function goes OFF and the brake switch function stays ON and this is when I get the transmission fault with no HDC, TC light, etc.

What boggles my mind is where to go next.

One little issue I noticed was during last winter, I was driving on a mountain pass on some rainy roads. Taking a high speed left hand turn, the TC kicked on just for a little bit. I thought to myself, "Wow, must be slippery out here." But later on, even as spring arrived and it was not as wet outside, on certain left hand turns, the TC would kick on--even when it was dry. Soon thereafter, this fault started and has remained throughout the summer.

I find that an odd occurrence...given the symptoms that happened just after this.

So...I've come to...bad or damaged wiring somewhere? Or...is this a symptom of the "Bosch Transfer Case ECU" behind the battery? I did check that and while I saw a tiny bit of evidence of wetness or water at the connector, the inside of the ECU box was as pristine as new and dry as a bone.

Anyway....have any additional thoughts? I'm going out to check 12v at the red wire at the brake switch....and is there anything else I can glean from my IIDtool?

ola... a falha esta nos contatos da lampada de freio... oxidacao dentro do soquete. mal contacto.

Post #222161331st Mar 2021 11:24 pm
johnhorgan

New Zealand 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Siberian SilverDiscovery 3

I had similar problems and found 2 chewed off wires running along between the drivers door and passenger door. And on the inner wing to the right and above the accellerator pedal.

Post #224328624th Jul 2021 9:22 pm
raffaele

Italy 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Barolo BlackDiscovery 3
red thread junction

good evening everyone can someone tell me what this junction is called on the diagram, on the right side of the passenger

thank you

Post #228400317th Mar 2022 6:16 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >