Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

Warranty claim - any inspection charges?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
CFB

United Kingdom 
Warranty claim - any inspection charges?

Starting to have a few compressor related niggles and errors such as 'normal height only'.

Car is under Approved Used warranty so wondering if I will have to pay for diagnostic checks etc? I did previously when I had a caliper issue and could only avoid the fee by going back to the supplying dealer which is much further than my local one.

This irritates me if so as it seems unfair, accept the work will be done under warranty but would I be expected to pay to diagnose first?
 2020 BMW X1 18d XDrive X-Line Auto  
Post #165621017th May 2016 9:21 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BBB

2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I would have thought that would be covered

Take it in, say there is a suspension issue and you think it is a warranty issue

What they do to decide this should be at no cost
 There is no I in team, but there are five in Individual Brilliance

Disco gone, emigrated to a VW Amarok 

Post #165622717th May 2016 9:36 pm
oldskoolskater

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I'm in a similar position as you CFB, I can get my intermittent cruise control sorted under warranty but they will not pay for the diagnosis - only the failed parts and replacement.
It would be a 200 mile round trip to get the supplying dealer to sort it for nothing.

If I'm honest I'd rather go down the warranty route and spend the money I would have spent on fuel on the diagnosis costs instead. That way I have a locally renowned Indy sort it and not some unknown random working on it!

Post #165624717th May 2016 10:04 pm
CFB

United Kingdom 

Been advised its a standard £95 inspection fee (not charged if fault proven and covered under warranty) oh and £15 for the loan car CDW

Slightly concerned as it's an intermittent fault, bong and 'normal height only' message. Hopefully the fault codes will be stored so I can prove it
Post #165704119th May 2016 8:54 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
oldskoolskater

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Who's the warranty with? Mines with RAC but I need to check the details.

Post #165706819th May 2016 9:36 pm
LaserTam

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

For a recent oil leak, took mine to local dealer. Its covered by extended LR warranty. They said there maybe an inspection charge - I questioned it with LR Warranty, they said as long as the dealer completes standard diagnosis process, and it is warranty item, then no charge should be made.

It was a warranty item, inspection charge wasnt mentioned, and I had a loaner whilst it was being done.
 MY2012 D4 HSE Nara Bronze with some extra stuff 

Last edited by LaserTam on 20th May 2016 6:31 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #165707319th May 2016 9:40 pm
CFB

United Kingdom 

Mine is a LR warranty. Same story really, as long as the fault is covered then no inspection fee.

Only bugbear is that they won't even give me an idea if the fault is likely to be covered, can't see why it wouldn't be but thought that before when I had a binding brake
Post #165708019th May 2016 9:49 pm
Pedros

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Had exactly the same problem. Depending on the mood of the car that day, the "normal ride height only" fault appeared occasionally. It would often disappear until next time if I stopped and started the car again. But as time went on, it was getting more frequent. I was going to wait until service time, but it got the better of me and I took it into the dealer (where I bought it from second hand).

Not a murmur about having to pay anything. They diagnosed the compressor was on the way out, luckily they had a new (improved) one in stock and they put it on. No stress, they made the claim on my behalf and it's been fine ever since. Also had a sticky door motor sorted, one of the horns (they have two) replaced and wheel bearings replaced all with the same no agro at one time or another.

In my experience the Land Rover Approved Warranty has been well worth it. Not sure if I'll have had the same amount of repairs done money-wise than I paid for it, but peace of mind is worth a bit!

I'm surprised that they want to charge you for the diagnosis work if it's an obvious fault, even if it's at another dealer than the one you bought it from. Wonder how Land Rover would react to that one.

Post #165743220th May 2016 9:53 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >