Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

Warranty Direct - Fail
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
JamesG01

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Warranty Direct - Fail

When my Tesco warranty expired at the beginning of June, I went with Warranty Direct.

Took the car to get MOT'd a couple weeks ago, and I failed on N/SR suspension, with advisory for a couple of other things.

Called up WD to discuss, and they said they would cover me for the MOT failure but not for the the advisories as I was within a 90-day period.

Had TFC come round to fix said problems on Saturday, and as per the conversation with the agent on the original call, had him call them to verify the work being done.

They refused even the MOT failure.

I'm going to look into my Ts & Cs, but something smells fishy...I also found this whilst doing a search, should have checked before buying:

Quote:
...The only time Warranty Direct call you back is when they have found a flaw with your claim. In our opinion worth much less than the paper it is printed on. Your garage might charge you storage. We experienced little if any progress responses. When calling, our researcher was told that systems were down. No information could be provided.

All Claims over the value of the policy fee seem to be dismissed out of hand with casual vague reasoning or no explanation whatsoever. If you find yourself in this situation you will likely need to initiate the services of a litigation lawyer & withdraw their services as soon as Warranty Direct make you a reasonable offer in order to minimise your losses.

Our advice is clearly to avoid Warranty Direct altogether...
 55-Reg Java Black SE, Unlocked SatNav (via Wiggs and Bodsy), Nudge Bar/Driving Lamps/RAI, Front & Rear Lamp Guards, RLD Sump Plate, RLD spare wheel protector

"Every movie-going moron knows that only a mining company could be evil enough to attack Smurfs living in a rainforest." - Doug Casey 

Post #68806031st Aug 2010 9:35 pm
John C

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Sorry to hear this - I've had very positive experience with WD. Keep us posted. One thing I found wasn't great was their admin. Might be worth making a call or two to try and oil the wheels of bureaucracy Thumbs Up
 2020 SDV6 D5 HSE, Carpathian Grey +
2022 Tesla Model Y LR... almost Carpathian Grey
Previously : 2005 TDV6 SE Auto, Cairns Blue (288K) - ours for 16 years 

Post #68807831st Aug 2010 9:55 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Have a £120 claim with them at the mo, will advise how I get on. Also the salesman said that the 90 days wear & tear exclusion did not apply if you've started with them straight from another warranty. Both mine are over the 90 days so wasn't able test this. Confused

Post #68808331st Aug 2010 9:59 pm
pagoda

Canada 2016 LR4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Yulong WhiteLR4

Just took out my warranty today given that my LR warranty was due to expire soon.

Lots of too and fro about what's covered and what's not. Kept all the info and sought to get all I could by email from them. Given what I have, I think it would be very hard for them not to pay up on things like EGRs (for which you require extra cover) satnav (ditto); suspension, engine, trans, turbo, etc. (Since it's in their email answers to my questions).

All their calls are recorded, so it's probably worth logging the date time group of each call incase you need to refer to it.

I agreed to their price at the end of the month (today). It was for Luxury Care package, with ICE and emissions/airbags cover, 13 months for 12, recovery for £79, paid in 10 installments all for £540.

I took this having priced LR at a good few £hundred more for what seemed to be the same cover.

I have no doubt that all of these firms will look for the easy out, but I think that with sufficient evidence from email and phone calls it would be hard for them to wriggle if taken to the mat.

...But who knows until it's claim time.

By the way, for those who want to take the WD route, they made their final best offer today - at the end of the month. The helpful chap admitted that they wanted to get their monthly figures up, hence discounting me by another £60 after their good next best offer.
 PAGODA  
Post #68810131st Aug 2010 10:27 pm
Darryl

England 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 S Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

All as bad as each other all scheeming B Censored trying to get out of every situation ,I got AA warranty total crap when it comes to claim , thinking of getting rid and saving money in sinking fund myself . Whistle

Post #6884781st Sep 2010 9:58 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

That's what I did Darryl, cost me a wheel bearing (1 front my misdiagnostics) and 1 rear. Plus an EGR valve. £300 all in as I did the work myself.
Hoping that's it for now Thumbs Up
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #6885131st Sep 2010 11:02 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >