Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

Warranty Direct fail to pay out as its not an MOT failure?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
sjf1

Warranty Direct fail to pay out as its not an MOT failure?

My package is luxury care and the complaint letter i wrote is below....I own a RRs but thought i post on here also.

The complaints letter i wrote to WD is below Re-edited:

To whom it may concern, 10th September 2010

I ‘am writing in to complain about the level of service received from one of your claims advisor’s.
On the 9th of September my call was dismissed and he didn’t want to talk to me again regarding my claim rejection on the suspension work required on the vehicle, even though I had new information received from the garage regarding the suspension work.

Whilst I didn’t want him to over turn the decision immediately, but investigate further as I had been told different information between him and the garage.
The advisor told me that I could drive my car without any further adverse effects on the vehicle handling, yet the garage told me that driving whilst the vehicle is in this condition would wear down my tyres and knock out the tracking also!

Your Claims advisor also said due to the garage not being able to track down the issue and that it wasn’t an MOT failure, the claim will be rejected.

Now correct me if I’m wrong, why does it have to be an MOT failure?

The advisor told me that I am covered for bushes and suspension, but once the knocking is more evident I can put another claim in, but why when the problem of the knocking noise is there and the garage has confirmed the location of the bushes/ball joints are worn.

It is to this that I feel I am expected to drive a vehicle knowing that I will wear down my tyres and eventually knock out the tracking. What I would like to know is would Warranty Direct cover this in the event of a new claim, or are you asking me to wear down the tyres and knock out the tracking thus failing an MOT would then allow me to make a claim!

Please advise me of your next course of action or a suggestion as to what should happen.

Last edited by sjf1 on 10th Sep 2010 2:27 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #69159510th Sep 2010 1:33 pm
DiscoDunc

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Personally, I would rewrite it and send it again with better grammer. You need to be clear and to the point.

The first Para is almost impossible to understand and the second isnt much better..
 Duncan
-----------------------------------------------------
If I'd known I was going to be so thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more beer last night.
FFRR Autobiography 4.4 SDV8 MY17
D4 HSE MY13 SOLD
FFRR 3.6 Vogue TDV8 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D4 SE TECH MY15 SOLD
D4 XS MY12 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D3 HSE MY06 - Re-Cycled Worldwide 

Post #69159810th Sep 2010 1:37 pm
DrLex

Iceland 

I agree with Dunc; I thought perhaps English is your second language as I attempted to decipher and parse it.

It would also help your case if you asked for a course of action or their suggestion as to what should happen; if I received that, I would perhaps send a 'Your comments have been noted'-style reply and bin it.
 Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana

Member of Club Med Sucks 

Post #69160110th Sep 2010 1:41 pm
sjf1

thanks, English is my second language, i will get my friend to help me re-write it

Post #69161010th Sep 2010 2:01 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >