Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

Warranty Direct - Indie or Franchised dealer
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Davethegeo

Scotland 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4
Warranty Direct - Indie or Franchised dealer

I'm thinking of getting a WD warranty for my 2012 XS. Looks like the Luxury Care is the one to go for as it's £40 more per year than a much more basic plan.
As far as a Hire car goes, would I be better off going for the Independent garage or the Franchised Dealer option? (£712 vs £854) I'm thinking that arranging another D4 as hire car might be easier if I used a Main Dealer but I'm basing that on just common sense and nothing else. Do WD sort out a replacement car or would I sort that out and then claim back. Would I even be allowed a D4 as hire car while mine is being repaired?
 D1 300Tdi - gone
D2 Td5 ES (Alive remapped...mmm) - sadly gone
D4 2012 SDV6 XS - Stolen
D4 2014 SDV6 HSE - Shiny

Post #166991719th Jun 2016 10:37 pm
Davethegeo

I think if one holds out long enough, WD will keep coming ack with a slightly better offer each time. Right now I'm down to the Franchise Dealer spec for the Indie price - £715/year for the all inclusive deal. Didn't actually ask what the corresponding indie price would be but next time they call I will ask.
WD seem pretty switched on so far...
 D1 300Tdi - gone
D4 2012 SDV6 XS - Stolen
D4 2014 SDV6 HSE - Shiny

Post #167021520th Jun 2016 3:59 pm
Dave T

England 

apart from the original manufacturers warranty I think you would be extremely lucky to get a D4 hire car in the price. Some dealers don't even run land rovers as their courtesy cars, let alone D4s
 Joined the BMWX5 45e group
1994 Defender 90

2015 RRS Corris Grey/Black roof
2016 D4 Graphite Santorini Black
2012 D4 XS Orkney Grey
2005 D3 S Maya Gold

Convoy for Heroes 2011 

Post #167048621st Jun 2016 6:49 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
swansty

Northern Ireland 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4
Re: Warranty Direct - Indie or Franchised dealer

Davethegeo wrote:
I'm thinking of getting a WD warranty for my 2012 XS. Looks like the Luxury Care is the one to go for as it's £40 more per year than a much more basic plan.
As far as a Hire car goes, would I be better off going for the Independent garage or the Franchised Dealer option? (£712 vs £854) I'm thinking that arranging another D4 as hire car might be easier if I used a Main Dealer but I'm basing that on just common sense and nothing else. Do WD sort out a replacement car or would I sort that out and then claim back. Would I even be allowed a D4 as hire car while mine is being repaired?

Do a bit more negotiating and you should be able to get that cost down a bit more. The WD policy includes an amount for a hire car - it won't stretch to a D4 though. (7 days @£50/day). If you mean a courtesy car during work lasting a few hours, then I imagine there is more chance at a franchised dealer but its not guaranteed. My local dealer tends to have minimal stock and instead uses their driver to take you to work and back or calls a taxi. If its a sudden breakdown and you need urgent transport, I doubt any dealer or indie would have a courtesy car just waiting for you to pick up and use until they get yours investigated and fixed.

Pick whichever options suits you best in terms of getting good quality repairs done at a convenient location rather than the hire car options which are an unknown.

Post #167068721st Jun 2016 2:51 pm
Davethegeo

Thanks Swansty.
I think I'll go for the indie option as there are two excellent indies within a sensible distance of me; Andy White in Edinburgh, and Disco Mikey just an hour up the road.
I might have been too hung up on the replacement car thing.
 D1 300Tdi - gone
D4 2012 SDV6 XS - Stolen
D4 2014 SDV6 HSE - Shiny

Post #167125122nd Jun 2016 4:12 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >