DISCO4.COM > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

Warranty Direct offer
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Huggs153

England 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 4
Warranty Direct offer

Hi
Has anyone taken their warranty out with Warranty Direct. More specifically their Secure Care Lite cover? I have had a low quote which appears to cover the major reported breakdown issues with our beloved D3's. Just after any current users to confirm their findings as to the cover on offer? Question
 Huggs.
D4 XS
D3 HSE(SOLD)
side steps, EGR blanked,3 flash +Clock Move
D4 XS 2012 For sale
D4 HSE 2015
V8 Upgrade Front brakes (AF)
155000 mile+ club
RAI
16000 lb winch
D4 As it comes...
Hampshire & Berkshire 4X4 Responder 

Post #103539115th Jan 2013 2:56 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

I had WD cover, I have declined their offer of renewal this year because they turned down what I considered to be a valid claim.

I paid extra for emission cover, which I presumed covered EGR valves. However it won't pay out if the EGR valves have got a carbon build up on them, which in a diesel engine is as sure as the sun rises in the morning!

This has happened to many people. So on that basis, I only got paid out for 1 wheel bearing in the year, so was out of pocket.

Post #103540015th Jan 2013 3:12 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Just having transfer box output seal done c/o WD. No idea what it is but it's leaking oil in the true LR tradition. Thumbs Up

Also having rear discs & pads, RL caliper and rear drop link thingies done. It's an expensive week, again. Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry

Post #103540315th Jan 2013 3:16 pm
Huggs153

England 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 4

Gareth
I have had a call from their sales team and I asked the question about the blanking off, the telly sale guy checked with his "supervisor" and it would not affect the cover on ofer. And at £135 for 12 months cover I am tempted...
Any ideas?
 Huggs.
D4 XS
D3 HSE(SOLD)
side steps, EGR blanked,3 flash +Clock Move
D4 XS 2012 For sale
D4 HSE 2015
V8 Upgrade Front brakes (AF)
155000 mile+ club
RAI
16000 lb winch
D4 As it comes...
Hampshire & Berkshire 4X4 Responder 

Post #103540415th Jan 2013 3:20 pm
Mr Kington

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Siberian SilverDiscovery 3

Gareth how else can an EGR fail ? isnt that what they are designed to do so by nature will have carbon deposits on them ? I havent blanked mine off as I thought I would be covered if needed.
How far did you escalate it ?

re is it worth getting warranyt, it just depends on what piece of mind you are after. If a turbo goes then it will be an expensive fix. Having WD is some hope that they will pick up the greater side of the cost.

Post #103541415th Jan 2013 3:45 pm
pcregeen

2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

I had my EGRS replaced on my RRS by WD two years ago. However, i had specifically asked for them to be mentioned on my policy document at purchase as included as it was all a bit wooly

Pete

Post #103545615th Jan 2013 5:24 pm
Mr Kington

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Siberian SilverDiscovery 3

Pete I mailed them today to get some clarification on what the mean by EGR being covered. Will save any response I get. I hope mine dont go but it will be typical if they did.

Alan i would suggest if you do do it, dont do the policy you mention. It is that price for a reason and I think there are a number of factors for it to kick in. I.e the car needs to be recovered only, something has to go bang before it is covered. I am also not sure it covers wear or tear ? If you read the policy up (extra care policy) it does seem quite thorough but it costs £500 a year depending on your car and how well you negotiate.

Post #103546015th Jan 2013 5:29 pm
Discotres

Scotland 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Warranty Direct have two main cover levels, if you have the cheap one then they state what is covered the rest isn't, if you have the extra care they state what is not and everything else is plus it includes wear and tear, so EGR would be covered under the extra care warranty. People just state Warranty Direct and don't state what cover they have, that is misleading and can confuse people as the level of cover is a massive difference, you get what you pay for so always ask someone what level of cover they have, because with the cover the OP mentions that is yet another level (but I don't know about that level so can't comment) Thumbs Up

Post #103548115th Jan 2013 6:13 pm
countrywide

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

EGR are not covered if there is carbon build up. They maybe covered as a item on certain policies, but there is a caveat that excludes failure by carbon build up of any component. The issue is showing what caused the failure of course.

It is similar to caliber failure, sometimes they claim it is water ingress and refuse to pay.

They are a pretty fair company in my opinion with 95% of the claims.

Post #103582916th Jan 2013 8:59 am
Curly

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 TDV6 HSE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

1st claim for me on wed as she had a service indie found a couple of worn steering joints, rang WD yes ok'd it for £152. My excess is £50. Me thinking well its £102 I havent got to pay happy days. Oh no I get a text from WD Saying I have to pay 30% as well as my excess, I cant remember that being read out to me on the phone and its not on my docs either ? Anyone else had this. Thanks

Post #103695617th Jan 2013 10:02 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Discotres

That's betterment, on all policies of vehicles over 7yrs old I think it is, you can negotiate this off when you take it out, but if you didn't too late I'm afraid Thumbs Up

Their site is very clear with everything you need to know in order to choose your level of cover e.g. Luxury care, Extra care e.t.c. Here is their section on wear & tear http://www.warrantydirect.co.uk/wear.html

Post #103696517th Jan 2013 10:07 pm
MarkOne

Scotland 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Curly that sounds a bit fly to me. If it's not on your documents and it wasn't explained then I wouldn't be happy 30% along with the excess Shocked is it really worth it? Why not bank the money every month and take your chances?

Post #103698617th Jan 2013 10:19 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Discotres

Trust me it WILL be on the documents Wink It's plastered all over their web site, so why would they hide it? plus it has been discussed numerous times on here Rolling Eyes that's where I learnt about others getting betterment taken off their policies Thumbs Up

Post #103699217th Jan 2013 10:23 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Yep, No Betterment. Saved me a small fortune. Mr. Green

Post #103703217th Jan 2013 10:52 pm
disco3wannabe

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

WD authorised a claim for my EGR valve today after initially refusing due to carbon build up. It took the LR Main Dealer independent report stating not due to xs carbon and a complaint raised by me but they changed their mind and now authorised.

I did seek advice from Financial Ombudsman and as dealer were of the belief not carbon build up they agreed that I would have a strong claim to seek the costs. As it turns out, WD also realised this and hence changed their minds. Jus send off docs tomorrow and wait for cheque now Thumbs Up

Post #103704117th Jan 2013 11:00 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >