Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

warranty help required
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
ad15

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Snowy wrote:
Warranty direct luxurycare, £600 for 13 months, £25 excess. Includes LR dealership labour, audio & satnav, aircon etc. 100% wear & tear cover on on cars <60k miles, this drops progressively with higher miles.

just filled in all MIL's details and the best i can get is £800 for 1year at non franchise garage, Evil or Very Mad to have franchise is £1100... am

am i getting something horribly wrong here??

Post #6145214th Mar 2010 4:30 pm
Snowy

England 

You need to ring them. When I'm back in the office in 30 mins I'll send you details over, you can quote the deal I got and then ask them to match Thumbs Up
 The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us yet.  
Post #6145324th Mar 2010 4:46 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ad15

thanks snowy Bow down Bow down

Post #6145364th Mar 2010 4:48 pm
barkingmad

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Has anyone ever explored this with regards to fitness for purpose and inherent faults IE EGR's Turbos

Sale of Goods Act, Faulty Goods.
Relevant or Related Legislation:

Sale of Goods Act 1979. Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982. Sale and Supply of Goods Act 1994. The Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002.
Key Facts:

• Wherever goods are bought they must "conform to contract". This means they must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality (i.e. not inherently faulty at the time of sale).

• Goods are of satisfactory quality if they reach the standard that a reasonable person would regard as satisfactory, taking into account the price and any description.

• Aspects of quality include fitness for purpose, freedom from minor defects, appearance and finish, durability and safety.

• It is the seller, not the manufacturer, who is responsible if goods do not conform to contract.

• If goods do not conform to contract at the time of sale, purchasers can request their money back "within a reasonable time". (This is not defined and will depend on circumstances)

• For up to six years after purchase (five years from discovery in Scotland) purchasers can demand damages (which a court would equate to the cost of a repair or replacement).

• A purchaser who is a consumer, i.e. is not buying in the course of a business, can alternatively request a repair or replacement.

• If repair and replacement are not possible or too costly, then the consumer can seek a partial refund, if they have had some benefit from the good, or a full refund if the fault/s have meant they have enjoyed no benefit

• In general, the onus is on all purchasers to prove the goods did not conform to contract (e.g. was inherently faulty) and should have reasonably lasted until this point in time (i.e. perishable goods do not last for six years).

• If a consumer chooses to request a repair or replacement, then for the first six months after purchase it will be for the retailer to prove the goods did conform to contract (e.g. were not inherently faulty)

• After six months and until the end of the six years, it is for the consumer to prove the lack of conformity.

Gary

Post #6148904th Mar 2010 11:03 pm
buda

Scotland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

AA warranty. I just got an AA warranty for £330 per year for 2 years. It includes roadside relay and homestart, breakdown insurance worth ~£99 pa. It does include the Turbo "the complete unit is covered provided it is of original manufacturers equipment (including wastegate if its an integral part of the unit and cannot be bought seperately)".
Also, in the general conditions it states No claim will be rejected for wear and tear if its got under 60,000 miles and under 5 years. It does list the components that are covered, and if its not listed then its not covered.
- egr valves not listed, and probably lots more specific things that could go wrong, but at the price they do it for i think its good value, and importantly the big cost items are covered.

I dont mind paying a few hundred quid in repairs but dont want a grand or two bill to pay at short notice....

Since I understand they wont cover "everything", I dont mind paying that price, and any hassle over valid claims on the things they do cover, Ill pay for repair, collect the evidence, then take them to court for not meeting their obligations.
PS when you save £200 by not getting dealer to do your service + mot, by gettin a good independant to do it instead, this saving virtually pays for the warranty. They only change the oil, and filters and give the car a wash anyway lets face it.

Post #6149655th Mar 2010 1:03 am
CHRISS

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

I have just taken out 2 policies with warrenty Direct,1 for my D3 which does not start until September when LR warranty expires and 1 for an 05 Renault megane with 87000 miles on clock. This costs £870 for both cars with the highest level of cover. The original quote was £850 just for the D3 and £550 for the Megane on the website.

Wait for them to phone back and ask for a better deal. If you have more than 1 car they will give more discount

Post #6151375th Mar 2010 12:20 pm
ad15

marking mad.... you've got a good point there.... Thumbs Up

Post #6151385th Mar 2010 12:21 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >