Joined the BMWX5 45e group
1994 Defender 90

2015 RRS Corris Grey/Black roof
2016 D4 Graphite Santorini Black
2012 D4 XS Orkney Grey
2005 D3 S Maya Gold

Convoy for Heroes 2011 

Post #10290184th Jan 2013 1:41 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MARKW

United Kingdom 

I need to sort my warranty out. Online quote with WD was 699. Call from the m today and they dropped it a whopping 50 quid. So still 650.
On previous posts there was someone quoting 540 a year. That is a big drop from where I'm at. I've asked for the policy to be mailed over so I can have a read and see what I can barter with
 HONI SOIT QUI MAL Y PENSE

They shall not grow old as those of us left grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condem. At the going down of the sun, and in the morning WE WILL REMEMBER THEM 

Post #10305307th Jan 2013 12:46 pm
TdV6Pete

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

I went with warranty direct in the end. But because mine is 7 yrs old and has 122000 miles on the clock I have to pay for 50% of the parts. I got their 'top' warranty which includes almost everything for £549 for 13 months. I moaned about having to pay for half the parts so they also included exhaust bits and airbags (80 optional extra)
Hopefully I'm now covered and its ok, but defo' push for more off. Umm and ahh so a while, they will upgrade you or knock some off.
Pete
 2inch Lift, 33inch Cooper STTs, Wheel Spacers, Hidden Champion 9000lbs Winch with recovery points, Full Underbody Protection including Rear Bumper Guard, Rock Sliders, Snorkel, 4x4 screen enabled and Sat Nav on the move (thanks to Bodsy), Discreet LED roof lights, LED work light, BAS Re-map and EGR's blanked, V8 Brake upgrade with Grooved, Drilled and Slotted Brakes, Halo Fog Lamps, Roof Rack, 240V Inverter, CB radio and finally a Swing away wheel carrier with Hi-Lift mount...  
Post #10305357th Jan 2013 12:54 pm
MARKW

United Kingdom 

Hence why I made them send a copy of the policy over for me to read and get them to call me back tomorrow. That way I could come on here and see what prices everyone else was getting. Seems I need to haggle a lot tomorrow.
Thanks for the quick reply Thumbs Up
 HONI SOIT QUI MAL Y PENSE

They shall not grow old as those of us left grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condem. At the going down of the sun, and in the morning WE WILL REMEMBER THEM 

Post #10305377th Jan 2013 1:00 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Also mention here for 'club' discount. And no betterment, 13 for 12, airbags & emissions, dealer rates and anything else I've forgotten. Extra care as a minimum as Secure Care doesn't cover quite a few areas including suspension. Mention "my friend got .........". Thumbs Up

Post #10305387th Jan 2013 1:01 pm
TdV6Pete

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Yup, I did exactly the same haha.
Good luck Thumbs Up
 2inch Lift, 33inch Cooper STTs, Wheel Spacers, Hidden Champion 9000lbs Winch with recovery points, Full Underbody Protection including Rear Bumper Guard, Rock Sliders, Snorkel, 4x4 screen enabled and Sat Nav on the move (thanks to Bodsy), Discreet LED roof lights, LED work light, BAS Re-map and EGR's blanked, V8 Brake upgrade with Grooved, Drilled and Slotted Brakes, Halo Fog Lamps, Roof Rack, 240V Inverter, CB radio and finally a Swing away wheel carrier with Hi-Lift mount...  
Post #10305397th Jan 2013 1:02 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >