DISCO4.COM > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

Warrantywise Extended D3 Warranty
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jem

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Warrantywise Extended D3 Warranty

Hi all

I've just had a quote from Warrantywise for an extended warranty on my D3 when the factory cover expires at the end of May. The warranty is underwritten by Lloyds of London and it's endorsed by Quentin Wilson.

I have to say that it does sound very good, in fact almost too good to be true when compared with other companies out there. The warranty covers *all* mechanical and electrical parts (it specifies over 5000 parts). There are no betterment clauses and consequential damage is also covered. Failure of parts due to wear and tear is covered as well. There is a limit of £10,000 per claim Shocked , no limit on annual mileage and it covers labour rates up to £90/hour. They will also settle directly with the garage involved.

I've been quoted a figure of £696 for one year or £1130 for two years. this quote is for £100 excess, but it only shoves up the yearly premium by about £50 if you opt to take no excess (which i will probably do). There's also an option to do a one off payment of £112.33 followed by payments of £77.33/mth until you no longer want the cover, this option works out more expensive though.

So, my question is... Does anyone have any experience of this company? What do you guys think?

I think it sounds pretty good all in all, I guess the test will come when a claim is submitted.

Cheers

Jem

Post #62792226th Mar 2010 7:34 pm
MARKW

United Kingdom 

On a similar idea, SWMBO's Fiesta broke down this week with a broken spring. AA man collected it and delivered it to a garage of my choice. On the way he started going on about a recovery/warrenty policy they now do. Cost was less then 100 quid for 12 months cover. 5 claims a year up to 500quid per claim. Only cost is 25 excess per claim.
He seemed sure that the D3 could be covered as well.
Worth looking in to if you already have AA cover
 HONI SOIT QUI MAL Y PENSE

They shall not grow old as those of us left grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condem. At the going down of the sun, and in the morning WE WILL REMEMBER THEM 

Post #62800326th Mar 2010 9:09 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Didn't ronp have that couple of years ago?? Question

Post #62800726th Mar 2010 9:12 pm
MARKW

United Kingdom 

Cost for the Fiesta is 62 quid for 12 months. Got to be worth a punt at that price Thumbs Up
 HONI SOIT QUI MAL Y PENSE

They shall not grow old as those of us left grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condem. At the going down of the sun, and in the morning WE WILL REMEMBER THEM 

Post #62802226th Mar 2010 9:26 pm
Gatters

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

If I recall correctly the AA cover is a breakdown warranty only. I think it only covers the fault arising from a breakdown (i.e if they attend you at a roadside breakdown and are unable to fix on the spot and then take you to a garage for repairs), and not general failures that still leave the car drivable. I may be wrong, but that was how I read it when I had a look into it a while back.

Simon
 Owning a Land Rover is like owning a dog. They bring a lot of pleasure, and are usually loyal and dependable, but every now and then they do have a tendency to crap on the carpet.  
Post #62816027th Mar 2010 8:09 am
Jem

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Hmmm...

Seems to have drifted off topic and on to the AA Rolling Eyes

Does anyone know anything about Warrantywise specifically?

Thanks

Jem

Post #62817427th Mar 2010 8:58 am
loopyles

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Jem I am in the same situation and would be interested in Warrantywise, I have just had the LR offer, Approved cover, £760 or 10 payments of £76 if you include LRA £880, @ £88 for 10 months.
Select cover, one off £610 @ £61 for 10 months LRA included £730 @£73 for 10 months.
The approved cover just lists what it does not cover, so it looks very comprehensive.
I may consider the approved without LRA and join the AA.

Les

Post #62862728th Mar 2010 4:39 pm
choppa60

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Can you buy d3 , privately and walk into land rover ,and buy lra warranty ,am soon to buy a d3 .thanks .

Post #62865728th Mar 2010 5:49 pm
Matt P

Yes you can. I have D3 and foolishly let the approved used warranty that was on the car when bought expire.

Because of this I now need to get the car inspected and they will then sell me the warranty. Inspection costs c £50 I think.

I've also been speaking to Warranty Direct who seem very keen and appears to be quite comprehensive but I'd feel more comfortable with the LR Approved one (rightly or wrongly) as I've had a couple of claims covered already for brakes/suspension related items.

Anyone got experience of Warranty Direct, good or bad?

Matt

Post #62947330th Mar 2010 12:14 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Quite a few peeps have WD lined up for when Tesco cover dies, heard of a few good claims results but early days. My philosophy is don't expect it to pay for every niggle but have it for major failure like engine going pop. Just don't be without a warranty, am several grand better off for 2 Tesco policy and RAC cover. Doesn't best thinking about not having a warranty! Shocked

Post #62947730th Mar 2010 12:23 pm
MrH

United Kingdom 

Back on Topic - I too would be interested in hearing more about Warrantywise experience.

I currently have Tesco warranty, but as we all know that's no longer an option and mine expires on the 7th April. The only other ones I've considered so far have been Warranty Direct and the same through the CSMA which appear to offer a comprehensive policy.

So anyone got experience of Warrantywise ?

Post #62948030th Mar 2010 12:25 pm
choppa60

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Very Happy Good info , is the lra warranty the best for peace of mind , or warranty else where ,hope to buy very soon , wondering if you buy Priv is better and then get your own warranty , or dealers ?

Post #62951830th Mar 2010 1:15 pm
loopyles

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Having taken the advice of many on this forum after my LR warranty quote £760 (no LRA). I got a quote from WD and WW
and have been waiting for the phone call as mentioned in previous posts, WD phoned me to day and offered a revised quote on the £792 (lux car) quoted on line. I informed him of the interest on this forum so I will post the quote as soon as it arrives. WW quoted £935.

Post #62998131st Mar 2010 1:58 pm
GlosBoy

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

After seeing the LR figures I thought I would get quote from the WarrantyWise site (Quentin Wilson one) and they wanted over a grand for my MY06 with 35k miles on it.

So will go to LR me thinks Dont need AA cover as the bank does this for me.
 D4 HSE - Aintree Green
D4 Orkney my13 - gone
Stornaway D4. Gone, Didn't like it at all
D3 silver manual. Loved my first LR

Post #62998731st Mar 2010 2:22 pm
rainifa

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I bought WW when I got my car in Nov 2009. Just had approval for MAF sensor and already got new key from them. No probs at all and cost me £1,080 for two years cover including main dealer hourly rate, sat nav, keys and locks. There is no deduction for betterment either. Seems OK to me, and really only bought it in case of big money failure Smile .
 Black 06/55 HSE. All the bells and whistles, bings and bongs!  
Post #63001631st Mar 2010 3:19 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >