Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Site News & Feedback

What’s going on with the website?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
pagoda

Canada 2016 LR4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Yulong WhiteLR4
What’s going on with the website?

Based in the US. Trying to access the site from multiple different PCs and servers and different browsers including from work and the site comes back with no response. Same if I access via 4G.

I’d this just me?
 PAGODA  
Post #21185625th Feb 2020 1:06 am
Motolab

Netherlands 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

From The Netherlands, no problem..
Accessed the forum almost every our today..

So would be a dns or other routing server in the US causing troubles...
 Best regards
Harold

Always looking for Pre '55's & Pre war British Motorcycles! knowing or having one for sale? PM please. I visit the UK 6 times a year

Ps. I edit my texts quite often, english is not my native language, so I will edit My “typo’s” etc. Wink 

Post #21185635th Feb 2020 1:12 am
garrycol

Australia 
Re: What’s going on with the website?

pagoda wrote:
Based in the US. Trying to access the site from multiple different PCs and servers and different browsers including from work and the site comes back with no response. Same if I access via 4G.

I’d this just me?

Not here in Australia - your in the US - blame Trumpy he is trying to become Dictator and all controlling.

Post #21185655th Feb 2020 1:45 am
MikeO

Scotland 

In Seattle at the moment and I've had no issues.
 2016 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate
<gone>2009 FF Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue</gone>
<gone>2015 BMW 520D SE (not my favourite car)</gone>
<gone>2009 D3 HSE Galway Green</gone 

Post #21185675th Feb 2020 4:16 am
Nasher

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

Are you using Internet explorer?

I swapped to using Chrome at home ages ago because I’d found IE just no longer worked with various sites including this one.

It took a while longer at work until we suddenly found some suppliers sites stopped working effectively with IE and our IT guru had to apply to group for us to use Chrome.

I’ve also tried Firefox at home and that also appears to work fine with sites that IE doesn’t like any more.

It's a bit Censored really that IE can't keep up.

Nasher.
 Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over.  
Post #21185815th Feb 2020 7:52 am
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

The site hasn't changed code-wise to break IE support, the thing that may have done it is the SSL certificate now the whole site is HTTPS.

The only other thing it could be is if you've tripped up the site security/protection more than 3 times - you then get blocked (anti-hacker), but this is IP based so shouldn't be across all your connections Confused

How are you accessing the site to get through?
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #21185835th Feb 2020 8:02 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

depending where on Microsoft's many sites you read it, IE11 went "end of life" at the same time as Windows 7 ... 14/01/2020. It may not stop working everywhere, but there are no guarantees.

MS Edge is the new browser BUT that's being re-written in Chromium, same as Chrome is ... which is chiefly open-source stuff, which means it will get the best and worst of whatever the Internet community can come up with.

Post #21185845th Feb 2020 8:08 am
Nasher

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

Martin

I don’t know the technical reason why, but both at home and at work if I try to use IE to browse this site it’s slow, some images aren’t displayed, and some pages just hang.
If I switch to Chrome or Firefox full functionality is restored.

I have exactly the same issue, and cure, with some other forums, including the UK Ducati Forum and Ribnet, and also some ecommerce sites like Farnell, RS, Digikey, Hermes and the post office. EBAY is completely unusable in IE at home but works semi-OK at work via IE.

I currently have a terrible sub 4MB connection at home(due to change on Friday this week), but we are full fibre at work.
I’ve not updated IE in a year or so at home, but we have the very latest version at work.

I’d be interested in a reason why, our IT guru at work just tells us IE is Censored .

Nasher.
 Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over.  
Post #21185885th Feb 2020 8:30 am
Motolab

Netherlands 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Hardware wrote:
depending where on Microsoft's many sites you read it, IE11 went "end of life" at the same time as Windows 7 ... 14/01/2020. It may not stop working everywhere, but there are no guarantees.

MS Edge is the new browser BUT that's being re-written in Chromium, same as Chrome is ... which is chiefly open-source stuff, which means it will get the best and worst of whatever the Internet community can come up with.

agree....

not want to start a discussion, but i can not resist to say something regarding MS & Google Wink

but if some privacy (like tracking and manipulation about what you get to see if you want to buy or lookup something is important to you) , i suggest stop using MS Edge and Chrome...they are as reliable as facebook etc..

firefox is also opensource but good developed as one of the first browser paltforms (Netscape was also Mozilla = firefox) at least you have more options in your own hand to stop tracking and cookie handling and privacy..

back to the topic, is a certain DNS between you and a certain website is F Censored ed up or in maintainance mode or something, you can have this problem temporary sometimes

but yes Trump and his workforce spring to mind also Rolling with laughter
 Best regards
Harold

Always looking for Pre '55's & Pre war British Motorcycles! knowing or having one for sale? PM please. I visit the UK 6 times a year

Ps. I edit my texts quite often, english is not my native language, so I will edit My “typo’s” etc. Wink 

Post #21186135th Feb 2020 10:47 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >