Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

Wow! Admiral multi-car very pleasant surprise.......
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Spikey

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

JMC - in your original post you said the quote was for individual policies for each car. It looks good, so I had a look at Admiral and on their site it states 'Unlike some other providers who may offer a multi car discount if you insure a second car with them, Admiral's MultiCar insurance policy actually combines the cars on a single policy...'

How did you get the quote to be for individual policies? Did they offer to provide separate cover at the same discount as multicar? I presume under a single policy, and NCB you might have on a second policy would be lost over time?

Post #61023825th Feb 2010 7:45 pm
Inuit

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I am with Admiral, they let you build up no claims on each car. So if you smash one it does not effect your others. You can swap your no claims bonus around, to make the most of your money. They also tell you what each car costs. I have not claimed, but they seem pretty good, did double check about the green lane bit and they confirmed OK.

I pay around £1300 for 4 cars, Disco (approx £400 3yrs ncb), BMW Z4M (approx £400 8yrs NCB) , 350Z (approx £400 8 yrs NCB) and Citerion Synergie (approx £120 3 yrs NCB). Approx figures are because i only just added the disco and got rid of my TT.

I thought i would shop around - not due yet, but NFU quoted me £830 just for the Disco, Adrian Flux racked up an impressive £2300 for 4 cars individually Laughing

Quite a basic policy and not really suitable if you want to cover yourself for serious off roading and doing track days, but i buy my track day seperately, yet to find out if I can get off roading insurance for a day (anyone insure themselves or know where to buy insurance for one off days for serious off roading days?) but for every day driving then it is a good option.

Oh and you can save yourself extra if you knock the hire car on the head, they only give you a basic car and if like us your have spare cars use them instead and if it a non fault insist on a equivalent car from the other parties insurers?

Post #61029025th Feb 2010 8:58 pm
FISHY

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

I'm also with Admiral on the multi car policy. Under this policy the Disco 4 is £280 F/comp inc legal cover and with protected no claims. Amazingly cheap Very Happy

Post #6141843rd Mar 2010 11:28 pm
JMC

Scotland 

Have now signed-up with Admiral and I have just bought another car to make the maximum five cars on the scheme...... Whistle

Costs as follows:

FFRR Vogue TDV8 £298
Audi RS4 Avant 4.2V8 £211
Audi quattro turbo 20v £128
Audi quattro turbo 10v £155
BMW635Csi Highline £158

Total is under a grand. Thumbs Up
 The older I get, the more I realise that people confuse wrinkles for wisdom Smile
Founder member of Club FFRRV
Club Orange, Mint or Fruit
Club Walnut Sniffers

Post #6142864th Mar 2010 9:20 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mik

Scotland 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Weird that the 10v is more expensive than the 20v. Confused

Astonishingly cheap overall though. Shocked

Post #6143034th Mar 2010 9:56 am
JMC

Scotland 

mik wrote:
Weird that the 10v is more expensive than the 20v.

My thoughts too - especially since the 20v is worth three times as much. I checked / double-checked this with them too. However, there is more chance of a write-off with the 10v due to the unavailability of many (engine) parts versus the 20v. Rolling Eyes
 The older I get, the more I realise that people confuse wrinkles for wisdom Smile
Founder member of Club FFRRV
Club Orange, Mint or Fruit
Club Walnut Sniffers

Post #6143564th Mar 2010 12:01 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jojim65

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Thanks for the heads up on Admiral, just insured my D3 with them and saved £80 bringing it down to just over £200 and put my wifes Fiat 500 on as well. That came down £60 to £120

V pleased.

Post #62663724th Mar 2010 3:29 pm
heapster

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Add one more to the Admiral multi-car list. Got an 06 Disco HSE, 04 Defender 110 and a Focus all in for £675 in TN22 which is about £3-400 less than the nearest combined quote (which was 3 separate companies). The reduction in paperwork alone is worth the change.

Post #62902129th Mar 2010 1:02 pm
pjb

England 

Also Multi policy convert.

Have Freelander 2- NO NCD, Modified BMW Mini Cooper S Clubman- FULL NCD & Mini One - No NCD on a policy - Circa £800 per annum

With 17 year old daughter as named driver on Mini One learning to drive. £350 for 1.6 Mini with no MCD Thumbs Up - Bargain

Cheapest quote elsewhere for Mini was nearer £800.

Just about to add Disco 3 & replace Mini Cooper S and Defender not on policy as insured by NFU as commercial vehicle.

I'll be interested to see what it costs when she passes her test.

Likewise not had to claim yet.
 Previously those that have a special place in my heart
BV55YZD G4 RRS
BP52GJE G4 110 

Post #62911129th Mar 2010 5:18 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >