DISCO4.COM > Blackbox Solutions

XMas Party, BBS Style
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
XMas Party, BBS Style

Despite all other distractions that caused me to put my other worries aside, we here at BBS do like to party, and never more so than at the legendary annual Christmas party on the last working day of the year for us.

Ans so at the designated time of 12 PM on Friday the 19th, everyone shut down and turned
off everything for the long Xmas break.
Then everyone climbed into one of four Land Rovers, including a Disco 3, Range Rover sport, L322 and a P38 for the convoy / unnoficial race to the appointed restaurant on the other side of town.

Clearly with the highly tuned up, by Pete Bell 3.0 TDV6 RRS I could easily have won, but we took the longer and more enjoyable scenic route.

we (Christian) very quickly got the drinks sorted.

Click image to enlarge

Pretty soon thereafter however, thanks to the great all you can eat Buffet, the table was awash with plates of really nice food piled as high as desired.
Everone ate and drank so much that when it came time to leave, we had a doggie bag collection of uneaten meat that filled two carrier bags.

Far more than our own dogs can eat but SWMBO likes to play Santa to all the dogs in the village this time of year.

So then it is back to the Land Rovers for the convoy / unnoficial race back to BBS HQ.

The tables quickly started to fill with Drinks and gifts

Click image to enlarge

After the Speeches, then there was the Tell a joke competition, where everyone gets a prize but NiKos won.
Click image to enlarge

Many rounds of further fun including opening from presents sent in from past staff who still wish they were here, and a couple of rounds of Bingo, meant that the table was quickly filled.
Click image to enlarge

The giving out of Christmas bonuses and Paula's Ledgendary Mince pies, caused everyone to have to clear the table.

Then we started some rounds of anything goes musical chairs, seeing quite a few chairs meet their final end and then even more fun.

TBH it would be wrong to publish any more pictures or describe more of the goings on and much of what happens here at BBS really should stay here Whistle

But suffice to say, all staff enjoyed themselves immensely.

And I believe only Jason went home wearing the wrong underwear Whistle
Mind in fairness he might have started off like that.

In any event, i digress, and we all look forward to returning next year all refreshed and raring to go as usual.

I hope your Xmas parties all go as well as ours.

ATB

Colin & Crew

Post #139367221st Dec 2014 8:55 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Dobbin

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Fantastic bash,
Best wishes to everyone!
 Much missed 2004 D2 G4 Ltd edition
Current 2005 D3 TDV6 HSE
General Grabber AT's 

Post #139369321st Dec 2014 9:14 pm
DiscoNels

United States 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Have a very Merry Christmas and enjoy your time off as I am doing the same.
 1998 Discovery LSE - Gold, 249,000+ miles, completely stock
2007 Range Rover SC - White, 63,000 mi
2006 Discovery 3 HSE - Locking E-Diff, Rover Specialties rock sliders, 275/65/18 Cooper STT PRO, LLAMS suspension controller, LR Expedition Roof Rack. Asfir Rear Diff, Tactical 4x4 (Gas Tank Skid, Rear Bumper, and Front Bumper w/12K winch), Traxide Split Charge System, Overland Solar + Lensun Solar panels
BBS Nanocom Evolution and Gap Diagnostics IID BT Tool 

Post #139378322nd Dec 2014 1:56 am
JDB

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Thanks to all out there for the good work and excellent support to us Thumbs Up

Post #139379322nd Dec 2014 6:13 am
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Looks like you all had a great time Colin keep up the good work...

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #139383422nd Dec 2014 9:24 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Many thanks to all.
It is pretty much a pre requisite for all BBS staff to have a positive, sunny and fun aspect to their nature.
What we do is of course important, but enjoying working here and doing what you do as a team / Family group is also important.

So we do especially look after our staff very well at Christmas in what is after all just one last afternoon of the year.

You might enjoy seeing some more photos.

This picture is of the vehicle fleet raedy to transport all staff to the Resturant.

Click image to enlarge

here is the table before the staff get to arrive back at the office, pull all the crackers, put the hats on and let off all the Party Poppers.

Click image to enlarge

This is a picture showing all the pressies they will get / win for various competitions.

Click image to enlarge

Everyone gets a prize via a random pick of a ticket for the games we set up like telling a joke, which we all score with the winner getting a Trophy and additional pick.

Here is a picture of Jez, clearly elated at being last years Tell a Joke winner.
Click image to enlarge

As well as the prizes / Pressies that quickly fill the table, there are substantial cash prizes for the Bingo and Xmas cash bonuses.

Most reverered of all, by most, are the specially wrapped Hand made Mince Pies my wife spends most weekends in December making.

Click image to enlarge

Actually, although they are called Mince pies and are some way based on a Mince Pie, the topping is a special top secret receipe that includes Ground Almond and Lemon zest etc.

They are so moorish that anyone who has had one just wants more.

And we also give a prize for the member of staff closest to guessing how many she made each year.

This year the Musical chairs was new, and we did end up with a few broken chairs, but when you watch the Videos of just how much everyone really enjoyed themselves it was well worth it.

I really have no idea of how normal this is or or is not, or what happens in other companies, but from the feedback I get from our staff, especially the newest ones they do seem to especially enjoy and appreciate it.

I am quite sure that this will directly translate into a Happier and more motivated team of employees that come back after their Xmas and New Year Break, more determined than ever to do and provide the best they possibly can to the benerfit of BBS and all BBS customers.

ATB and a very Merry Christmas to all

Colin & Crew

Post #139408622nd Dec 2014 6:30 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >