Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General (D4)

2011 discovery 4 feels like its in the wrong gear!!!!!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Digger 360

2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Problem solved !!!

Gave the new car back and got full refund. Now i am back in my disco 3 waiting for a new disco 4 with the eight speed box. Stick to your guns if you have got the same problem. And it is a problem...

Post #8032173rd Jun 2011 3:20 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Nice Thumbs Up But what is the problem exactly? Did they tell you ?
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #8032333rd Jun 2011 3:43 pm
t7mbo

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

With mine, the problem seems to be that the car goes into top gear far too easily. And when its in top gear, it is difficult to get it to change down. For example when you slow down to go onto a roundabout and enter the roundabout, the car sticks in top gear and labours until you floor the throttle and force it to kickdown to a lower gear.
Have just returned from a week away with the caravan in Germany and the car really has to be forced to change down from top gear. Even if you are only doing 10/15 mph on entering an island, the car just sticks in top gear and gives no power when trying to accelerate round the island. In our old D3 the car would change down when slowing down, and would always be in a high enough gear to pull away from low speed--the D4 simply isn't unless you force it to downchange!

Post #8038916th Jun 2011 10:23 am
Digger 360

2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

That is the same feeling i experienced. Land rover sent a tech guy down to see mee. When i explained the problem to the tech man he said he knew what the problem was , THIS WAS BEFORE WE LEFT THE DEALERSHIP. He accompanied me on a test drive which lasted approximately 3-5 minutes within which the problem reared its ugley head. I said it feels like its in the wrong gear. I was told due to a recent upgrade to the vehicle there was now a new 'CHARACTARISTIC'. Please note it actually herts me to use the c word as i have been bombarded with it so much. The dealership was not the problem it was land rover themselves with a 'JUST SAY NO! ' policy seeming to echo throughout the company. The dealership took the car back and i took my old car from them. Deal done!! As i said i am waiting on the new eight speed. Please note the discovery 4 i test drove was a 2010 model and the discovery 4 i was sold was a 2011 model. I was never informed of any upgrades to the vehicle upon purchase.
(please excuse my spelling)

Post #8042347th Jun 2011 9:43 am
t7mbo

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

I'm at the stage now where I've spent 50k on a car, and just wish I'd kept our old D3 because it was so much nicer to drive!

Post #8042807th Jun 2011 12:27 pm
Voug

Germany 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

I don't think this is a MY2011 related problem. Having also MY2011 i tested for this problem several times today and didn't found any problem. Gearbox goes in lower gear just at slight acceleration.

Post #8042907th Jun 2011 12:49 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >