Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

access mode not working
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
adara

Romania 
access mode not working

My Disco went to the dealer for the suspension fault and the steering knock. After 2 days it came back and they said the compressor was replaced although not faulty and that the knock was due to some metal case that wasn't screwed properly. Well, now I can't get into access mode anymore, when the car lowers a bong goes on with the following messages: "extended mode" and "reset suspension when obstacle is cleared" and the car goes up all the way. The steering knock is of course still present and they managed to ruin the lower case of the steering column, there are scratches and traces of screwdriver at the joints. There is an engine vibration in idle mode now (the whole plastic in the dashboard is resonating) and they also broke the boot cover, one of the teeth that held the thing in place is going out (the plastic rails are broken). Already phoned them about all that, going back Monday but I have to say this is the worse experience I had with a car so far. Sorry to sound like that, I really like the Disco but I'm beginning to regret my choice...

Post #4441325th Feb 2006 10:04 pm
Cliff H

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

There are good and bad dealers everywhere.
Hope you get everything sorted soon!

Post #4441625th Feb 2006 10:06 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
adara

Romania 

Well, thank you for encouraging me, it seems they are learning how to service a Disco on my expense and I'm not ready for this... Not for the price I paid anyway...

Post #4441725th Feb 2006 10:08 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Have you not got any other dealers in Iasi? I think you should at least complain bitterly to Land Rover themselves. Lets face it, if nobody tells them then they won't know anything is wrong, and won't do anything about it.

I feel so frustrated for you, the car is so good, but it needs a competent dealer also.

Post #4442125th Feb 2006 10:41 pm
Kieron

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I had a problem like this a few years ago where the problem wasn't so much with the car but with the dealer who ended up doing more damage and causing more problems that anything the car came up with on its own. One of the dials on the heating wasnt working so it went in for that and they managed to break the whole surround, it went in to have the surround replaced and they broke the CD Changer and on it went. Remember its not the car that is at fault but the people (i.e. mechanics) who are being set to work on your car by the dealer. The temptation is to lose it with the garage but to begin with gather your evidence, take photos or even video footage if possible, list everything out in time order and present it to the dealer principle. Explain that you are not going to be going quiet until the problems are resolved to your satisfaction and that you want all the extra damage repaired too. Log everything and if you feel you need to get in touch with Landrover and ask them what they are able to do. The car will get fixed; the problems are all probably straightforward in their cause and just need someone with a bit of pride in their work to sort out. When picking the car up after any work insist that someone from the dealership goes out with you on a test drive, try to deal with just one person for everything. Its all about getting people on your side and understanding that your a reasonable person, a customer and that they are not doing a good job. Your some one that you will not just go away and that by being calm and organised hopefully they will soon realise you are one customer that they will be unable to get away with bad service with.

Good luck
 I don't dance but I do Disco  
Post #4443926th Feb 2006 9:07 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
adara

Romania 

Gareth, there is only one dealer in my town and very few in Romania. Thank you for your simpathy.

Kieron, thank you for the competent advice. Obviously this is the way to go. I have no ideea how to contact Land Rover though and I am aware of the fact that they simply do not know how the client is treated by certain dealers.

Post #4444026th Feb 2006 9:37 am
Gurvan

Location: Germany... Not far from both the US and Hard German rock...

France 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

I agree with Kieron and I followed that way to solve the problem I had with my DIII. Write a letter to the CEO of your local Land Rover firm (I mean L.R France for me, but I am not sure if there is an L.R Romania... Then simply write to L.R England and let them know what you think...) and point out the failures without trying to single out people...

Insists that it is the system that does'nt work and not the people... They will assign the blame themselves if need be ! Wink

I did that and now, I do have some "red carpet" treatment that is easy to get accustomed too... Laughing

Post #4444826th Feb 2006 11:56 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >