Page 28 of 28 <123 ... 262728
Rjefferis

United Kingdom 

thanks, fingers crossed then

Post #233357917th Apr 2023 1:05 pm
Wenier

New Zealand 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Hi all,

I've recently got a 2015 D4 and am looking at doing this. So far I have the connector and the fuse was under the bonnet so is looking good in that respect.

I have a Nanocom and access to the Genesis system for software files, however to get the file I need a VIN number of a D4 that had adaptive to be able to see it.

Does anyone have a VIN number they can share with me so I can access the required software for download?

From earlier in this topic RATA1 had shown a build spec compare and most of that VIN (SALLAAA5GFA71xxxx)

Here's hoping someone can help, really looking forward to having ACC as I was in a 2010 RRS previously and that of course had ACC.

Thanks,
Chris
 2015 D4 3.0SDV6  
Post #233755424th May 2023 2:55 am
Tyty

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Looks like the russkies have figured something out fitting ACC to pre MY15:

https://www.drive2.ru/l/637896240457060565/

Right click on the page and translate to english

Post #23387246th Jun 2023 3:45 pm
iSheeZ

Estonia 2013 Discovery 4 5.0 V8 HSE Lux Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

yes, this is my post, check previous page (27), I already wrote how it works Wink
btw - CAN adapter no needed for 14MY and later
 LR4 V8 5.0 HSE Lux
Discovery III [60yrs Edition] 

Post #23388848th Jun 2023 3:44 pm
grzesiul

Poland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

Estonians are really smart way smarter than us Polish Wink

Nice job on that !

Post #23388918th Jun 2023 5:17 pm
iSheeZ

Estonia 2013 Discovery 4 5.0 V8 HSE Lux Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

Anyway, as I know, the first who could launch radar on pre 14MY was the russians as Tyty said))) I used can adapter from them
 LR4 V8 5.0 HSE Lux
Discovery III [60yrs Edition] 

Post #233908411th Jun 2023 12:43 pm
Wenier

New Zealand 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Finally got this completed and my D4 is now added to the list of ACC retrofitted.

Huge thanks to the info in this thread, it made this so easy to do.

I used the following parts:
Steering Controls - LR062417 (Gloss black)
ACC body bracket - LR062475
ACC Module - FPLA-9G768-AC

Obviously removed airbag and fitted the switch pack. If you are struggling with the airbag and have flappy paddles you can remove those to get easier access to the airbag clips.

Then pulled front end apart and bumper off enough for access to the mounting area. Drilling out the back of the mounting holes and ran a M6x1.0mm tap through them for my mounting bolts.

I then ran the CCF update with my Nanocom to see if it would be happy with the FPLA module. Which of course it was not. Was getting cruise control and forward alert faults. I then swapped CCF back as I didn't have access to the software yet. Once swapped back you couldn't use Cruise control unless you removed the fuse for the ACC (I guess if it can see and talk with the module it gets upset even if it isn't active).

CCF updates were as follows:
Miscellanous and Unused:
1 - CMbB - FROM Not fitted/Disable TO Fitted
2 - Jaguar Cruise Control - FROM Standard speed control TO Adaptive speed control
Power Train:
1 - Cruise Control Config - FROM Speed control is fitted TO Adaptive speed control is fitted
2 - Cruise Control - FROM Speed control is fitted TO Adaptive speed control, stop and go
Safety/Security and Locking:
1 - Collision mitigation by braking - FROM Without CMbB TO Collision mitigation by braking GEN 1
Warnings and Messages:
1 - ACC Indication in Instrument Cluster - FROM Disabled TO Enabled
2 - Forward collision warning - FROM Without forward collision warning TO Forward collision warning GEN 1
3 - Speed/Cruise Control Display Type - FROM Standard speed control full display plus priority messages TO Adaptive Speed control full display plus priority messages

Unfortunately BBS were unable to get access to the software. Luckily I have a friend with an IID tool so borrow his, added my VIN and got the fast lane service to carry out the software update to the CCM. This all went smoothly.

I then swapped back to my Nanocom and updated the CCF for ACC on and put it in calibration mode. The calibration carried out quicker than I expected and once complete since I was on the motorway I tried engaging Cruise control without the vehicle being restarted. It accepted this and ACC was up and running. It has proceeded to work flawless since. Very happy to have ACC again.

2015 D4 3.0SDV6  
Post #234288421st Jul 2023 3:46 am
RATA1

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XXV LE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

Wenier wrote:
Hi all,

I've recently got a 2015 D4 and am looking at doing this. So far I have the connector and the fuse was under the bonnet so is looking good in that respect.

I have a Nanocom and access to the Genesis system for software files, however to get the file I need a VIN number of a D4 that had adaptive to be able to see it.

Does anyone have a VIN number they can share with me so I can access the required software for download?

From earlier in this topic RATA1 had shown a build spec compare and most of that VIN (SALLAAA5GFA71xxxx)

Here's hoping someone can help, really looking forward to having ACC as I was in a 2010 RRS previously and that of course had ACC.

Thanks,
Chris

Nanocom/Genesis didn't list the FW for that module for the VIN I had and couldn't provide it to me. GAP did.
 In today's world, if you contribute something, you don't contribute enough. If you contribute nothing, you receive everything.

2014 Discovery XXV
1961 Series 2 

Post #234377230th Jul 2023 9:33 am
RATA1

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XXV LE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

An update to this - some time after I started...and put it on the back burner.

Due to our glorious weather I had a sunroof leak, so I had to take the BCM out. While it was out I had it cloned onto a GH22-14F041-BA I got on eBay in January this year. The latest there is.

I fitted that one (after I dried the car out and replaced the split sunroof tube). Worked fine. So as I had a spare BCM - my original - I then updated the firmware to the latest available and the same that is running on the 2015 and 2016 ECU data I have previously posted that run ACC.

Set the CCF values and ran the calibration. Didn't work Censored

Still get the "control module configuration incompatible" from the CCF and it fails to calibrate. I also get the "cruise unavailable".

Based on iSheeZ's success and post I was hopeful as he would have had the same or older ECUs and I "hoped" the FH22 signal and strategy on the flashed BCM would unblock the restriction his MITM device did.

iSheeZ can you share details on device used and code - or who did it? I am assuming it is the same sort of device used to spoof mileage.
Thanks
 In today's world, if you contribute something, you don't contribute enough. If you contribute nothing, you receive everything.

2014 Discovery XXV
1961 Series 2 

Post #234393231st Jul 2023 9:49 pm
Bargepilot

Netherlands 2011 Discovery 4 5.0 V8 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

iSheeZ wrote:
yes, this is my post, check previous page (27), I already wrote how it works Wink
btw - CAN adapter no needed for 14MY and later

So this works on your MY13 V8 with a CAN-gizmo to make the radar think it's in a RRS?

Would this work with a MY11 V8? I'm told its engine management is different from other years and it would never work, but as you said, hope dies last. Very Happy

Post #234549318th Aug 2023 7:53 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 28 of 28 <123 ... 262728
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >