Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Blackbox Solutions

BBS's release of V1.30 for faultmate MSV-2
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 6 <123456
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Finally got to the bottom of this version problem and fixed it. How a simple errant space at the end of a line and some stupid OS methedology of alphabetising entries in a file in the wrong order is a bit beyond me, but as ever we found it and sorted it, along with the other stuff. so there is now a new version of 1.30 that replaces the previous one for anyone who wants fix these minor things. Thumbs Up

It is also now posted up in the Main support downloads section as well as being linked to in the releases thread, which will save the confusion you had Sinbad58.

Chesh, I am sorry, but to be eligable for this discount you do need to have 50 or more posts.
I also do not know where you have been sending E-Mails to, but i have nothing in my Inbox from you.

Post #95631718th Jul 2012 6:24 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Colin

Does this mean that the version for the 4004 file is now corrected and shows the right one in the right hand side of the SM.

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #95634918th Jul 2012 7:35 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
geoff.

England 

mick

I've got that problem with 4004 and 4007 Shocked

Post #95635618th Jul 2012 8:01 pm
aljo

England 

Ive got that problem with

and a few others Big Cry
 Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where,s the f**king ceiling!!

Post #95635818th Jul 2012 8:05 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Yea the versioning handling is really vastly over complex.

As ever the problem was not really our fault at all, unless you count upon our stupidly trusting Bill Gates and his Windows software, although we did have an errant space in the file that was not entirely his fault. Whistle

The problem will have affected quite a few modules as you have noted, but hopefully now all is well on all of them.

I do have to stress though that this was just a problem in the reported version numbers and in no way affects any functionality of the system.

Post #95636718th Jul 2012 8:39 pm
Flack

Colin

What have you done with the D4 backup & restore page on this release its not there now do we not need it now or has it been missed..?

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #95636818th Jul 2012 8:40 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Not totally sure i get you Flack.

LR can apparently add new values and features to the CCF at any point in time, which has caught us out, but they cannot retro add anything to any existing vehilcles they have already built and sold.

The new raw CCF save and resore function is therefore only a feature that helps anyone attempting to edit a CCF of a vehilce produced after our last upgrade restore the origional data to the vehicle should there be something new we have not catered for in our last release that causes trouble.
It is really just future proofing our system against any unknown and unforseen changes LR may make in the future.

We are currently well beyond the Disco 3 and as such there is no requirement of raw back ups on that model, so you will only see it on a D4.

Post #95637618th Jul 2012 9:01 pm
Flack

BBS SPY wrote:
Not totally sure i get you Flack.

LR can apparently add new values and features to the CCF at any point in time, which has caught us out, but they cannot retro add anything to any existing vehilcles they have already built and sold.

The new raw CCF save and resore function is therefore only a feature that helps anyone attempting to edit a CCF of a vehilce produced after our last upgrade restore the origional data to the vehicle shoukld there be something new we have not catered for in our last release.

We are currently well beyond the Disco 3 and as such there is no requirement of raw back ups on that model, so you will only see it on a D4.

Colin

Its not there on the D4 page now, I have just re-installed the other 1.3 version that had the problem with the save?restore buttons and I now have the D4 backup & restore page back now on the BCU settings page..

Flack Shocked

Post #95637718th Jul 2012 9:05 pm
Chesh

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

Hi there BBS Spy.
Not sure of the email address, been hitting the "Private Messages" button and sending via there.
Been a member for two years and didn't realize there was a quota required for forum discounts, sounds a bit elitist to me but there you go.
Will check out and see what's available locally I guess.
Thanks anyway for the reply.
Cheers Thumbs Up

Post #95640719th Jul 2012 2:41 am
geoff.

England 

Flack wrote:
Colin

What have you done with the D4 backup & restore page on this release its not there now do we not need it now or has it been missed..?

Flack Thumbs Up

yep got the same problem mick, I've downloaded the new version and the save and restore feature is missing from the D4 bcu Whistle

Post #95640819th Jul 2012 3:39 am
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Oh, err, umm, ahh, well ya see. Embarassed

Checked it this morning and sure enough you guys were right, Bow down Bow down Bow down

We are still at a total loss as to how an older version of 1.30 that did not have the Back up and restore stuff in it for the D4 got uploaded onto our web site instead of the right one.

Tis all now fixed,

I hope. Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #95665819th Jul 2012 5:14 pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

How about other issues Whistle ... Any joy with them yet ?
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #95667919th Jul 2012 6:01 pm
Flack

Well I have installed it and it all looks ok all the modules updated ok but sm4007 still has the s= before it so not sure if that is right.
I even got a 26 min transfer completed without it dropping out, the D4 Backup and Restore page is now back and all in order... So Colin take a breather bud ...

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #95669519th Jul 2012 7:16 pm
geoff.

England 

its looking good colin on the note book, will let you know tomorrow when i try it on the toughbook Whistle

Post #95675819th Jul 2012 9:15 pm
parrafin23

Norway 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Finaly got installed the 1.30

Firmware update to the msv-2 was needed? so I selected yes to that.

Works like a charm.. and the 3min lcd screen test.. cool..

I too have the non function of moving the seat.
and some other issues where the live data is not displayed at all..

I was looking at the problem about the all terrain module. under driver aid.

I tried to read it and it ended up with the faultmate could not communicate with the ecu and so on.

I can see that when i click the read button it says Ecu awake. and throw up this message.

So I removed the key and clicked sleep..

I did this in version 1.29 with no problem.

now with 1.30 i get System is not licensed for this vehicle.. that was strange..

Post #95686120th Jul 2012 7:48 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 6 of 6 <123456
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >