Page 3 of 6 <123456>
geoff.

England 

we be nice if ppl knew how to use the system Whistle

Post #94864029th Jun 2012 10:43 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

It has been a bit of a difficult week here at BBS, as our main RAID file server decided to throw a wobbly on Monday Morning and it's firmware went corrupt, which meant no one could log in and access anything at all.

I have therefore been almost totally pre occupied all week with trying to sort it out and mostly ensure we have absolutely no data loss at all and have to go to our last Backup. Fortunately i have been able to achieve this, and should be able to get everyone back to normal early next week.

Although it has taken a bit longer than otherwise, we have still however managed to sort out most of the problems and niggles in the V1.30 upgrade and was able to get a copy of the newest CCF files out to the testers before the weekend.

Thanks to their quick response, it seems the main problem of a non starting engine after CCF edit on 2012 has been confirmed as being successfully sorted, Thumbs Up

There are still a couple of minor things being reported as not quite right with the 2012 CCF edit, which we will look into, but other than that, things are looking very good and we should be able to release V1.30 generally very soon.

Post #94884930th Jun 2012 4:20 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Guys and Gals

I have recently been giving some serious thought to the CCF edit currently capability provided by our MSV-2 equipment.
In the past we have had a couple cases of this capability actually immobilising some vehicles, which is certainly not something we would ever want to happen to anyone and in my book is simply unacceptable.

Fortunately this has always been something we could easily and quickly resolve, However recently we have noted that LR seem to add things and make changes to the CCF layout on quite a regular basis making things a bit trickier. Recently new EMS power values were introduced that cause a non start after CCF Edit with MSV-2

We can of course test things right up to the day they are released, but this provides no protection to anyone using our system on a vehicle manufactured after then. But what happens if they introdue yet another MMS power value that the MSV-2 V1.30 does not support !!!!!

Therefore, before generally releasing V1.30 we are working on adding a new function in it that will allow users to save and restore the CCF data in a totally raw form. Byte for Byte and bit for Bit, this will not require any correct or incorrect decoding or understanding of the Data at all. It will be an absolute, set all CCF data values back to "how it was", regardless, function.

It is all well and good to be totally out there and provide functionality and capability no one else can or may even dare to try before you, on even the newest of vehicles. But it is also important to do so in as safe and recoverable a manner as possible if things should possibly go wrong.

Post #9496852nd Jul 2012 7:56 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JDB

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

BBS SPY wrote:
It is all well and good to be totally out there and provide functionality and capability no one else can or may even dare to try before you, on even the newest of vehicles. But it is also important to do so in as safe and recoverable a manner as possible if things should possibly go wrong.

As always -hit the nail on the head - thanks (probably from all of us).

Post #9496992nd Jul 2012 8:09 pm
aljo

England 

Perfectionist as always colin Thumbs Up
 Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where,s the f**king ceiling!!

Post #9497002nd Jul 2012 8:09 pm
Morgis

Norway 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

will this 1.30 support alarm-logging?
I got some false-alarms on my D3, and would like to find out witch sensor that get trigged.
  - My 2006 D3 HSE PP

Post #9512186th Jul 2012 8:39 am
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Nice one Colin that's a great addition and safe guard..

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #9512506th Jul 2012 9:31 am
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Hiya All

Thanks for all your comments of support and appreciation of our efforts.

When we first implemented the CCF edit capability, Land Rover (Ford) made no changes to it at all for many years, pretty much up until the 2010 (D4) changes, when they also added the EUCD CCF. However since then, they seem to make changes to the Model and CCF's regularly, and now with the SDD being a constantly "On Line" system, things are even worse.

Of course LR cannot retro fit something new to an existing vehicle and the CCF that was current when it was built, so there is no possibility of any problem if someone uses our CCF Edit capability only on vehicles Manufactured prior to our last software revision, when we have included all the new changes.

Even then, as long as any changes LR make on the CCF are on minor things that are not significant or are not actually relevant to the vehicle, quite likely no one would even notice. If it were something significant then we would know about it immediately.

Even if someone else were as up to date as the MSV-2 in respect of it's diagnostic capability and in particular the CCF editing, i guess they might be happy with that situation and accept it as a fair compromise.

And maybe i am being a bit perfectionist, but as those that own and use one know all too well, the MSV-2 has never been anything but the best there is, bar none, and we are certainly not going to make any kind of comprimises now.

This new function will therfore provide a safe guard against any future changes LR might impliment, be they small or big.

I would love to tell you exactly where we are at with V1.30, but I have literally Just flown back into Cyprus having spent a slightly cold and wet long weekend in the UK.
Unfortunately just after we had pushed back, only 10 minutes late, the Captain announced that someone was too ill to travel and we needed to return to the stand to offload them, fortunately, he said they had no luggage, so it should not take long.
Then the fun started Shocked

2 Hours later we finally took off Crying or Very sad
This delay means i was not able to catch up with my Tech guys today on where we are with the upgrade, but i do expect that we will be pretty much there in terms of releasing before the coming weekend.

And especially for you Flack, i had them spend some time adding the EGR inputs.

Morgis:
I am not sure what capability has been added on the Body Control Unit, but it has had it's inputs and outputs added and if the BCU actually supports Alarm Trigger listings, this will very likely be there.

Post #95307810th Jul 2012 6:52 pm
Flack

Nice one Colin can't wait for the upgrade...

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #95308310th Jul 2012 6:58 pm
aljo

England 

cheers colin Thumbs Up

only 78 hrs till the weekend Whistle

Tick ...Tock ....Tick .. Tock ..........
 Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where,s the f**king ceiling!!

Post #95308610th Jul 2012 7:00 pm
geoff.

England 

nice one colin and team Thumbs Up

need the safe guards colin Rolling with laughter as some of you know my slight little hiccup i had Rolling with laughter

Post #95308910th Jul 2012 7:07 pm
tlt

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3

Great news, looking forward to it!

Post #95392112th Jul 2012 8:04 pm
Flack

Ok Guys version 1.30 is on BBS website for download.

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #95425013th Jul 2012 3:28 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Well Fellow MSV-2 owners

I guess time is up, and fortunately so is Version 1.30 Thumbs Up
The link to the download is in the BBS forum as usual.

We have not actually Beta tested the new D4 raw CCF back up feature, as it is not something that really needs field testing on different vehicles etc.

We have also included some new EGR live data inputs too, and although also not beta tested due to time limitations, as you could go on forever.

Post #95425313th Jul 2012 3:35 pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Very Happy Thumbs Up
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #95426113th Jul 2012 3:56 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 6 <123456>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >