DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Checking vacuum pump for oil ingress
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 11 of 11 <123 ... 91011
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

caverD3 wrote:
Problems with getting it fixed are region specific. Recallshave been region specific. UK got their recall a while after other parts. Looks like SA havn't got theirs yet, even on the Euro IV.

I take on board what you are saying Caver, and with hindsight I agree that the OP was asking specifically about the situation in SA, despite this being a global issue in the majority.

I am only trying to ensure as much inclusion on D3 issues for the benefit of all rather than users becoming reclusive on general D3 issues in their own domain. I do appreciate that there is a fine line to this though. Thumbs Up
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #52067516th Sep 2009 10:52 am
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Agree with the Sand Driving one DG. Thumbs Up This issue is not as simple, as you say fine line. I think it would be usefull for various regions to know what is happening inothers as Landrover are not being conistant. This was first released in Oz and other regions but not in UK. We all need to know what is going on in our own regions so some region specific information is needed with general info poted on a general area. (maybe we need a UK regional specific area on the forum Rolling Eyes as LandRover seem to think it is less important now Laughing )
Could you just move and or copy some posts into the general leaving region specific ones in region specific threads?
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #52070416th Sep 2009 11:28 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

I'll discuss it with the other mods ..cheers Thumbs Up
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #52071116th Sep 2009 11:39 am
AP Moller

South Africa 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3
SA and Vacuum booster pump/ Recall

Tony,

LR SA is Paying 33% and the extended warranty ex Motorite the balance. Also on the actuator for handbrake.

CaverD3, thanks -- it seems SA is not eager to admit to the problem fully. Is there any connection with the steering?

Alwyn
 "None of Nature's landscapes are ugly so long as they are wild"
John Muir 

Post #52174518th Sep 2009 9:13 am
caverD3

No connection with the steering at all.
Just the booster gradually fills with oil reducing it's effectiveness gradually greater pressure is required to brake. Not difficult for boofy bloke but a girlie may find it difficult to stop on a steep grade. Shocked

Is yours Euro III or IV engine. If they are just replacing the parts as is they will have to do it again when the recall comes through. If it is Euro IV see if they can get the recall parts so it is fixed properly. Idea
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #52175518th Sep 2009 9:29 am
PaulP

Spain 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Yesterday I had this recall (P017 - not affected by P008) applied to my D3.

It took several calls to customer services to get them to inform the dealer that my D3 was indeed affected because in the LR recall system it said it wasn't so rightfully the dealer initially refused to do it.

I've got a new servo and the 'loopy' vacuum tube installed. The brakes feel 'slightly' better, but not much different.

The workshop manager didn't know if they found oil in the tube or not.

I'd be interested to know if there is an easy way to detect if my engine is EURO III or EURO IV as it is one of the last MY06s. It should be EURO III, but Caver mentioned that some III's sneaked out at the end of MY06.

On the other hand, they must have updated the EMS software because I've lost my remap Evil or Very Mad Luckily I can re-apply it myself in 5 minutes Whistle
 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham Blue
2007 Golf GT DSG 

Post #52176218th Sep 2009 9:39 am
caverD3

If yours was fixed it must be a Euro IV. They don't have a proper fix for Euro III as the Euro IV fix snags somewhere.
You will not notice a big difference unless the booster is quite full of oil.
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #52177218th Sep 2009 9:51 am
PaulP

Cheers Caver - that's the conclusion I've got to myself too.

It's interesting that it took a lot of discussions to get them to agree that if it was affected or not, so the theory that mine sneaked out as MY06 with a EURO IV engine seems quite plausable.

I'd like to find out once and for all if my TDV6 is a EURO III or EURO IV though. I'll open a separate thread for this question though so as not to 'contaminate' this thread (pun intended).

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
2007 Golf GT DSG 

Post #52177618th Sep 2009 9:58 am
caverD3

Ask them about the HP fuel pump recall. That is definately a Euro IV problem only.

Can fail and spray diesel over the engine bay. Shocked
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #52177918th Sep 2009 10:04 am
PaulP

They explicitly confirmed from LR Spain that my D3 is definitely not affected in any way by P008.

P017 (braking system) yes, but P008 (fuel HP pump) no. Thumbs Up
2007 Golf GT DSG 

Post #52178118th Sep 2009 10:06 am
caverD3

Click image to enlarge

Is yours in the VIN range mentioned in the related Information on the above or it could be in the extended range of VIN below?

http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/use...recall.pdf

Why a Euro IV engine at the begining of the build would not have one of the faulty pumps, I do not know.

All seems very messy. Confused
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #52180318th Sep 2009 12:04 pm
PaulP

From your docs:

P017 VIN range: LA367110 - LA513325 (EU4 only)

P008 (v3) VIN range: LA412125 - LA487033 (EU4 only)

My VIN is 4105xx and would have been one of the last MY06s. It is well within the range for P017 (Brakes), but 500'ish vehicles short of being affected by the P008 recall (HP Fuel Pump).

The interesting thing is that the P017 VIN range covers some 40,000 vehicles before mine was built (assuming there were no breaks in the chassis numbers).....I doubt that 40,000 would have sneaked out as EU4 engines...

This is very messy Thumbs Up
2007 Golf GT DSG 

Post #52180518th Sep 2009 12:16 pm
tony_marreiros

South Africa 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Hi all

I would like to fill you all in on my situation with the vacuum pump saga.
I am glad to report that LRSA have agreed to sort out this problem on my 2006 LR Disco 3, HSE with 84000km (Maint. Plan expired) free of charge.
This took Bedfordview and LRSA exactly 5 days to sort out, I dropped the vehicle off Friday morning and it was ready in the afternoon.
I must say that I am extremely impressed with LR Bedfordview & LRSA and would like to thank them for sorting this out so quickly.
LR Bedfordview YOU ROCK!!!!!!

Thanks again.

Post #52274621st Sep 2009 10:05 am
hls

South Africa 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Atacama SandDiscovery 3

tony_marreiros wrote:
Hi all

LR Bedfordview YOU ROCK!!!!!!

Glad to see that your problem has been addressed. What is your secret? I have only had bad service from LR Bedfordview with all the issue I have raised claiming to be addressed but the problems (although not major) remains.

Post #52340322nd Sep 2009 3:55 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 11 of 11 <123 ... 91011
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >