Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > My Discovery 4

D4 XS due this week !
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
pjgraham86

Scotland 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 4
D4 XS due this week !

My D4 XS was to be transported today and is due to arrive at the dealer on Wednesday. They will be fitting side steps and one or two other accessories.

I've arranged for a pro detailer to prepare the car (the dealer will be asked not to do anything to it at all) on Friday ready for pick up on Saturday. I've seen some of his work on other new cars and I have to say that it's very impressive.

I know some of you will be demanding pics. I haven't mastered Photobucket or similar but I will ask the detailer to take some before and afters if that would keep you happy LOL ! The wife has an i-phoen so she seems to think she'll be able to post up some pics (once she joins the forum of course !)

Excitement building....

P

Post #83999126th Sep 2011 1:01 pm
Calcul@tor

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Galway GreenDiscovery 4

There is a gallery feature here - so posting pictures is quite easy. There are also instructions somewhere!

What colour have you gone for?
 D4 XS MY12 Galway  
Post #84013626th Sep 2011 5:58 pm
pjgraham86

Will give it a go with the gallery.

We went for Buckingham Blue with the almond/nutmeg interior. Options we added are sunroof, vision assist pack (really ordered that for the xenons and surround cameras - not fussed about the high beam assist), privacy glass, tow pack and heated steering wheel. Dealer will add side steps, mudflaps, rubber mats and loadspace rubber mat.

P

Post #84025626th Sep 2011 9:13 pm
MartinR

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Galway GreenDiscovery 4

Gallery posting instructions here:
http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic477.html

More important will be to work out what features your non-upgraded stereo and nav so Calcul@tor knows what he's getting (mine seems to have a surprising number of bells and whistles, but as it was a cancelled order I don't know quite what was standard!)

Post #84026926th Sep 2011 9:28 pm
Calcul@tor

MartinR wrote:
More important will be to work out what features your non-upgraded stereo and nav so Calcul@tor knows what he's getting
How did you know what I was thinking!!

Have you had / seen a copy of the original order sheet for yours?
 D4 XS MY12 Galway  
Post #84027626th Sep 2011 9:40 pm
pjgraham86

The D4 arrived at the dealers yesterday afternoon so we should be good for collection on Saturday following a full day detail on Friday on the premises.

As an aside, I got a very good insurance quote from Aviva (we have 3 cars insured with them already - the Disco is replacing one of them) - £301 with protected NCD and enhanced courtesy car. I have one (no fault) claim in last 3 years and 5 years NCD. Considering that we were paying over 3200 for our 8 year old Hyundai, the Disco quote is a bargain.

P

Post #84095928th Sep 2011 9:06 am
devonchilliman

England 

Wow...£3200 for an eight year old Hyundai Rolling with laughter
 Www.devonchilliman.co.uk  
Post #84096628th Sep 2011 9:15 am
Discotres

Scotland 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Re: D4 XS due this week !

pjgraham86 wrote:
My D4 XS was to be transported today and is due to arrive at the dealer on Wednesday. They will be fitting side steps and one or two other accessories.

I've arranged for a pro detailer to prepare the car (the dealer will be asked not to do anything to it at all) on Friday ready for pick up on Saturday. I've seen some of his work on other new cars and I have to say that it's very impressive.

I know some of you will be demanding pics. I haven't mastered Photobucket or similar but I will ask the detailer to take some before and afters if that would keep you happy LOL ! The wife has an i-phoen so she seems to think she'll be able to post up some pics (once she joins the forum of course !)

Excitement building....

P

Sorry but I don't get 'pro detailing', a car is a car, just get a rag and some polish out Laughing I guess the word 'detailer' just means spit n polish Rolling with laughter Anyway it will soon be dirty with winter coming, should have kept your money and bought an iphone 4S / 5 instead, your wife would have more fun with that, mind you, at least you will be able to contact the 'detailer' on his iPhone 5 soon enough Rolling with laughter

Post #84096928th Sep 2011 9:22 am
Japseroony

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Hi, how much for the "pro-detailer" and what does he do that the dealer doesn't please as I pick mine up sometime next week Question
 "UNDERSTEER" ---is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"OVERSTEER" ------is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"HORSEPOWER" -is how fast you hit the fence.
"TORQUE" ------------is how far you take the fence with you. 

Post #84097628th Sep 2011 9:36 am
Calcul@tor

Something I knew almost nothing about until earlier this week!

See: http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic69329-15.html
 D4 XS MY12 Galway  
Post #84100528th Sep 2011 10:37 am
pjgraham86

Sorry - need to use the Alt key properly ! As I'm sure you've all worked out, the premium was over £200 for the 8 year old Hyundai.

Below is the text of an e-mail from the pro detailer outlining the options he gave me for the D4, with prices included. If the car doesn't need the machine polish then I pay only £250. Even the full price of £350 is a bargain - 0.7% of the price of the car.

Each to their own I suppose but I've seen the difference between properly detailed new cars and those which have had "normal" dealer prep and I'm very happy to be spending the cash on the detail.

Finances all sorted and ready for Saturday !

P

"A standard new car protection detail which will include all of the outside spotlessly cleaned, de contaminated, hand polished then protected with our standard wax - dodo juice supernatural. The wheels will be protected. The interior would also be cleaned, dusted and hovered. This would cost £150

A few of the various options on top of this are :

Machine polish to remove any defects the car may have picked up (i do this on nearly all new car prep - even White ones. You can see my 911 GTS new car prep on detailing world for an example of why this may need done) +£100

Gtechniq C1 crystal lacquer application, as seen in the video. Comes with 5 year warranty covered by gtechniq themselves. I'm the only person on Scotland authorised by them to use their products and offer the warranty + £100

You could book the protection detail and then I could inspect the car when I get there and tell you if there are any defects present / if it needs a machine polish. It most likely will. Even if there are no marks i can still improve on the finish from the factory by using a fine finishing polish and jewelling the paintwork( I always have been able to and all the dealers usually comment on how all of the other cars don't look that good). I offer the machine polish as an option to keep the cost down."

Post #84107928th Sep 2011 2:01 pm
Discotres

dodo juice Rolling with laughter Give me a break Laughing Oh well it's your money, carry on, at least it keep the immigrants employed Rolling with laughter

Just watch you don't end up with horrible swirls where your new car has been machine polished, I don't care what you say but it WILL damage/change the finish of new paint Wink

This must be a wind up, better have dodo man there every evening because when you get out of the car you dont want a hair left in there do you, it's a Censored Land Rover for Censored sake, who on earth are they marketing the brand to now? Rolling with laughter

Don't get contaminated when you go through a puddle or drive over some horse Censored , it could kill you Rolling with laughter

Post #84108228th Sep 2011 2:09 pm
pjgraham86

Ah well, I suppose we all need to be able to take a bit of a wind up now and again.......

I'll post up some piccies of my ruined paint very soon.....
P

Post #84108528th Sep 2011 2:17 pm
Discotres

And a pic a week later would be good as well Thumbs Up

Post #84108928th Sep 2011 2:23 pm
pjgraham86

a whole week - you kiddin me ? I'll have washed it at least once by then LOL.

Post #84110728th Sep 2011 3:01 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >