Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Deflated air suspension
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
AACSC

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 3
Deflated air suspension

The suspension on the car is not the only thing deflated, I am.

A few months ago I had a problem with the LHR suspension dropping and I since the other suspension units were at the correct height I eventually managed to replace the RHR height sensor. For some reason I deflated the entire suspension and the car is now sitting on the bump stops. I have tried to use my IID tool to restart the compressor and refill the reservoir and air bags and have continually failed miserably.

I have now decided that I need assistance from someone who is competent at identifying what the problem is and how to cure same.

I am located in Sutton Coldfield , West Midlands and would be pleased to be advised of anyone who may be able to provide assistance in resolving my problem .

Obviously my car ( 2004 D3 Diesel ) is not mobile which prevent me dropping it off at the local LR dealer and I would welcome assistance from both professional and experienced amateur to solve my problem.

My car, which I have owned for 9 years, is in good condition having had a new air reservoir, new air struts and new front and rear valve blocks and a new Hitachi compressor and it would be sad to consign the car to the scrappy, but it is close!!!

One issue that I have identified today is that no electrical power is reaching the front and rear valve blocks .

I would be pleased to be advised of anyone who may be able to help or identify a mobile D3 engineer who can assist me

Allen A Crisp
 Graduate of the FDC ( Fred Dibnah College)  
Post #235707828th Dec 2023 6:22 pm
KevinD3

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Hey Allen,

I’m in Sutton myself so can probably come over and take a look if you need. Won’t be until after new year though I’m afraid.

If there’s no power to either the front or rear valve blocks when there should be, have you checked the fuses and the relay?
https://fuse-box.info/land-rover/land-rove...relays/amp

Is there any sign of life on the compressor at all when you start the car? I’ve changed a couple
And never needed to do anything special to get the new one to kick in
 2008 HSE Stornoway Grey

My Wife thinks the D3 is a hobby, The D3 thinks the wife is 💕 

Post #235708928th Dec 2023 7:51 pm
AACSC

Hi Kevin

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried everything to get the compressor to run from the Suspension control module but no luck. the compressor works if hard wired.

I have used the iiD tool so much to get the compressor to work that I wonder whether I have messed up the programming/ configuration and inserted a fail safe in the system.

I would be delighted to meet you and perhaps you could give me a call after New Year on 07483224514

AACSC
Post #235709128th Dec 2023 8:23 pm
highlands

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Do you mean hard wired direct to the compressor or from the relay?
Putting a jumper across the relay is easy and should get the pressure up to cut-off.
When replacing suspension components I've always put power to the relay contacts to get the system up to pressure before putting F26 back...at least I think it was that's right as it's been a while.
 Black 05 TDV6 HSE Auto
Grey 05 TDV6 HSE Auto (Gone)
54 TDV6 SE Man (killed by me Sad

Post #235709328th Dec 2023 8:33 pm
AACSC

Hi Kevin

Having researching the internet I found Jason Partridge of Wolverhampton and called him and explained my problem.

I explained to him that I had been attempting to fire up the compressor, with my IID kit,but with no success. I also said that in the process I had probably messed up all the ECU's and the resolution was outside my capability. I had been trying to resolve the problem for several months!!!

Jason Partridge arranged to collect my car and a few days later rang to say that the car was fixed and would now be returned to me. His charge was less that a tankful of diesel.

I was very impressed with the service offered by Jason and would recommend him to other D3 owners

AACSC
Post #236045630th Jan 2024 11:35 pm
KevinD3

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Great to see all fixed Very Happy did he tell you what the issue was in the end ? Guessing by the cost (despite diesel being expensive) it was either ecu reset or a good kick, as the smallest part from a garage for a D3 costs more than a tank of fuel lol
 2008 HSE Stornoway Grey

My Wife thinks the D3 is a hobby, The D3 thinks the wife is 💕 

Post #236045830th Jan 2024 11:42 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >