I've got to give it to him,

It's damned impressive stuff!

Post #43776213th Mar 2009 3:05 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Wiggs

Ah glad to see you caught up with that.
i dunno which one it was i changed that introduced the additional 4x4 menu, Its likely going to be in the misc section. But they are all there regardless so its only a case of playing with them. They will need shuffling about a bit as i said and more meaningful titles, but i am hoping for some help on that soon. Very Happy

But now its in HTML you can at least now see / select from all the possible options for each.

Sorry Pom, its likely some option on one of the systems when the CCF data is used in another car make / model, that being said there are an awful lot of un fitted connectors on the back of the HLFD.

Pike
Damned good question.
Because it really Censored me off that although it is the very loyal die hard enthusiasts such as most of the members of this board who pay through the nose to buy own run and thus support the LR brand and who make it worth what it is to begin with, and who i believe are are the real people who should benefit from the massive amounts of built in self diagnostic time and money saving technology there is in the cars that make them so expensive. But yet who are the very last to benefit. Everyone from the manufacturer down twists things to their own advantage and ultimately the end owner looses out every time.

As you know, in every single Disco 3, there is a absolute mass of computer technology that the owner has bought and paid good money for, but yet it seems they are the ones that cannot access or use it.

Post #43776413th Mar 2009 3:07 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Dont_tell_him_Pike

England 

Never a truer word said BBS.

I've seen it many many times with my own eye's & are shocked at some practices carried out by the dealers & such.

TFC, i'm certainly not directing this at you or any other independant on this forum, but when i've been at a large independent or a dealer, i found & rectified the problem in a matter of minutes.

When i've explained what happened & rectified the problem they ask me if they need to replace the defective part. I reply, no need, & then they say they might change it anyway, as well as a new battery & whatever else they can get away with. So my bill for £120 turns into a bill for the customer @ £800 Shocked
I'm talking about a lamba sensor cable slightly melted by intermittent contact on the exhaust, seperate & shrink wrap & retie, problem solved

This is a common active practice.

So although the owners might not be able to achieve some repairs, at least with being able to access their vehicles computer systems will inform them of a fault (after a little learning) & reset the fault, in which case is 70% of the problem solved. If not, then at least theycan inform the garage or whatever the area of the problem involved.

£800 for that problem that was nothing to repair, & as an owner, if i found out, i would smash the workshop manager across his workshop & everyone else who tried to stop me. That's £800 of anger coming out!

So for near on that amount, your system for the private owner can stop this practice.

BBS, your setting page from an earlier post looks terrific, i can assure you that it dont look that good when you're standing on the back of a flatbed freezing cold & shivering in the rain with the laptop covered with an umbrella.

Post #43777913th Mar 2009 3:36 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Rain
Whats that
Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Actually, joking apart, i was reading in the paper today about knock on effects of the crunch and one item mentioned was that People are not replacing / updating their cars for newer ones as they get older now but instead opting to keep on repairing them as cheaply as they possibly can.

food for thought Shocked Shocked

Post #43778313th Mar 2009 3:50 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
cdodkin

United States 2008 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Chawton WhiteLR3

Back to the question from the OP....

I had zero luck with my existing OBDII reader - which had been fine for all my other vehicles, but would not even talk to the LR3 Big Cry

I did see an excellent post on the forum where this software had been used on the D3/LR3 with great results

http://www.devtoaster.com/products/rev/

Works with a wireless OBDII unit from Germany - very handy

http://www.obd-2.de/eShop/index.php?main_p...c0b2840869

Not spent the dosh myself yet - but will be buying the software and hardware in the near future. Thumbs Up

There is also a PC app which it works with, for those without an iPhone

http://www.obd-ii.de/screensm2.html
 08 LR3 SE V8 - 02 D2 SE7 V8
Porsche 911 (03 996) - 2013 MINI Cooper S 

Post #43823014th Mar 2009 5:26 pm
Roel

Netherlands 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

I had contact with the german Obd2 shop. The first email was answered directly but the second were I asked in what depth the went with the D3 I never got an answer I resended that second email another time and still have no answer.
So I was a little disappointed.
 Roel

1997 Camel Trophy Disco ex-P101JWK (traded it for a Britains 42101)
1984 90 TD5
2005 G4 Disco 3 BN55WPT

Also member of club MTR
and Club Faultmate

Interested in my 4x4 history see my website: www.mudmachine.webklik.nl
Sorry it's in Dutch and with google translator it gets funny. 

Post #43840815th Mar 2009 12:45 am
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic32245.html Whistle
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #43842515th Mar 2009 2:30 am
Roel

Wiggs,

Which one did you buy. Knowing what you do with your D3 I think you went for a SV222. The full one!

Did I guess right?

Let us know how you like it.

BBS spy.

I saw the very exiting CCF file but did not see or read over the Nav on the move setting. Can the system do that?
If a full system is bought and you make new things work like the Off-road hight at higher speed will that come for free or will there be additional charges?
 Roel

1984 90 TD5
2005 G4 Disco 3 BN55WPT

Also member of club MTR
and Club Faultmate

Post #43842615th Mar 2009 2:51 am
BrumLee

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

BBS, your single vehicle system, can it be updated to work on another D3 if you change vehicles or will it have to be replaced?

Post #43885416th Mar 2009 3:34 am
Roel

Brumlee,

Yes you can change the vin number off your car in the system for a small fee once every 6 months I believe.

I read that somewhere but can't find it back that quickly.
 Roel

1984 90 TD5
2005 G4 Disco 3 BN55WPT

Also member of club MTR
and Club Faultmate

Post #43885916th Mar 2009 5:05 am
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Single Vehicle License owners can change their vehicle to one of the same model or similar amount of technology for an Admin fee of 50 Euro. I think we once did write down some time criteria, but in reality we just don't want anyone taking the mickey out of our offer to be understanding and flexible, so unless you have a new car ever few weeks or so, its not a problem. If you are going up to a Full Fat jobbie, then we give you a trade in of 50% back on your old software license cost against the cost of the new license.

Interestingly, the fact that we offer this facility also means that investors in our system, even the SV ones, loose very little money beyond a bit of depreciation should they ever want / need to resell their equipment on places like this. Thats why we class our owners as investors rather than purchasers. Thumbs Up

Post #43915616th Mar 2009 5:12 pm
Boofrmb

Australia 2006 LR3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3

Hi to all, After having items from rovacom with my 95 rangie, (They would not assist with us when the new L200 came out) to upgrade the old rovercomlite, had to purchase a new unit. Now with the Disco 3, I have decided to go with the IDS, and yes, it has ended up cheaper in the long term compared to rovercom.

Sorry to the guys at Rovercom (Blackbox)
 2006 Disco 3 TDV6 SE in Zambezi Silver
1948 Series 1 SWB Soft Top in Standard green 

Post #43953317th Mar 2009 11:26 am
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Hiya Boof
No apology necessary, its a free world, well at least it was last time i checked anyway. Shocked

Speaking of which, i should tell you that we have not made / supplied a ROVACOM (TM) (no E) or LITE or PRO wireless version for several years When discontinued in favour of more advanced and much cheaper alternates, the servers alone cost GBP 400 and 700 respectively and with the introduction of our single vehicle licensing, systems are now vastly less expensive than they once were.
And the only L200 i know is a Misubishi pick up which we still can't / won't help anyone with. Very Happy

Anyway, regardless, i am glad you are happy, and wish you the best, although i have to say that i personally think that the IDS is not the sort of system that is inexpensive enough or easy enough to use for a private owner / enthusiast and i know many that have both. But perhaps that's a matter of opinion.

Also if you click on the link to the CCF edit html page, you will appreciate that an IDS wont actually do any of that.
But as a previous owner i do not need to re iterate to you that our equipment has always far exceeded the capabilities of any OEM diagnostic equipment and although we might have been a bit slow with Disco 3 coverage / capability, that's a situation that is very rapidly changing. Very Happy

Post #43973217th Mar 2009 7:14 pm
kastone

Germany 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

I did some tests with the OBD-DIAG AGV 4000 and all the free OBD2 software i could found. You will find some screenshots at flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/klausnahr/sets/72157616581072421/

The price of the OBD2 adapter is 99 Euro including VAT.

Klaus
 Klaus Nahr - discovery3.de
Land Rover Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE 

Post #45649019th Apr 2009 2:33 pm
catweasel

Boofrmb wrote:
I have decided to go with the IDS
any more info?  
Post #45649219th Apr 2009 2:49 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 6 of 6 <123456
Jump to: