Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Fitting a 220volt 1500watt Inverter
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
christyler

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Fitting a 220volt 1500watt Inverter

I recently fitted a 220v 1500w inverter to my D3, i removed the rear left hand trim panel in the boot space to reveal a large empty space. Having purchased a 1500w inverter, (handy for running power tools up a mountain) i started by mounting the inverter to the body using an aluminum bracket i made. the wireing is simple, using 35mm2 welding cable, an earth taken from an 8mm earth stud inside this space and a 12v feed from my aux battery. the inverter has a 13amp socket output, this i just extended to a metal socket that i fitted into the removable access panel. i fitted a low voltage switch to this socket to turn the inverter on when needed.
Pictures in my gallery.
I would be happy to give any information and help that that anyone needs to be able to do this, but please dont go on about "insurance" or "warrantee" issues.

Post #5450223rd Apr 2006 2:37 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
dubiousp

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Hi very interesting artical wonder if you can help I see in you picture there is block with fuses in, im looking to put a charger in the rear for models which can draw up to 7amps can you tell me a if those fuses are hidden somewhere and or the loom with the trailer charger is around

Cheers DD

Post #1271603rd Feb 2007 8:38 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >