Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > My Discovery 4

Happy, but not happy
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Sudds

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4
Happy, but not happy

Took the D4 for its MOT today, it passed with no advisories, happy about that. What I am not happy about is that while trying to book it in in Jan it now seems impossible to get to talk to someone at my local dealership, I ended up redirected to a dealer in Derby who assured me it was all the same system and booking wouldn't be a problem.
Turned up today for 8:30, booked in and then told we don't do MOT's on site anymore, we use a local garage 5 mins down the road, they will come a collect the car and deliver it back. 2 and half hours later went to ask where the hell is my car to be told they are doing a complementary health check, its just passed an MOT for gods sake. Finally got the keys back only to open the car and be greeted with oily fingerprints all over the steering wheel and all over the nav screen where they had changed all the radio stations, all this to go 5 mins up the road. Went back in and played hell and they got a valeter to come and clean it all down.

Can see this being my last LR as the service has really gone downhill. Walked over to the Volvo dealer opposite and was quite impressed with the XC90, so i will see what happens as if LR have restructured i can see all dealerships being the same, although i do stand to be corrected if anyone can recommend a good one, even if i have to travel.

Post #202986418th Feb 2019 6:04 pm
Clubber

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

I've always had great service from the Dealership in Stockton. I'm not sure if that's the one you used today? I guess everyone can have a bad day but it's infuriating when you just want your car back.

Sadly I think this will be my last Landrover for a while also. Nothing to do with the dealership though. I just don't think they sell a car that I want to buy anymore (at least within my price range).

It's all very sad and unfortunate. Sad
 Bri

D4 HSE Luxury 

Post #202990618th Feb 2019 7:42 pm
Brian_DL13

Just had mine at TVLR for service and MoT. With replacent bits needed it came to more than 2 grand Rolling Eyes They use a place a few hundred yards away for MoTs. I think that's becoming more and more common.

Was the Stockton dealer Stratstone ? I try to avoid them, they're too money-grabbing.

Post #202994118th Feb 2019 8:53 pm
Sudds

Yes it was Stratstone, I was talking to a lady in Volvo and i know her from her days at Stratstone and they have has a restructure and quite a few of the old reliable staff have left. It's unfortunate as i am on my 3rd Disco from them and have always been happy in the past, not sure if i will leave LR, not sure what i fancy next.

Post #203013319th Feb 2019 1:11 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >