Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D4)

HELP! 2012 LR4 to 2014+ Facelift - cameras
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
tomsquad419

United States 2012 LR4 5.0 V8 HSE Lux Auto Santorini BlackLR4
HELP! 2012 LR4 to 2014+ Facelift - cameras

Hi - I have a 2012 Land Rover LR4 LUX. I noticed many doing the 2014+ facelift, especially in the U.K., so decided I would give it a go. Im at a stalling point and need some help as Ive been carless for weeks now and sunk tons of money without a resolution. Hopefully someone on here knows wiring pretty well or has some insight.

What Works:
1. I have swapped the taillights for the new spec
2. I have swapped the front headlights with adaptive and Xenon- plug and play they work. You do have to go into your Gap IID tool to enable the Canadian DRL light.
3. Swapped the Grill over to fit the new headlights

So I am stuck at swapping over the new 14 style bumper cover and have gotten stuck.

I watched several videos of others who has swapped the bumpers with no issues..however..I realized that it appears that I am the first to swap over the bumper and retain the front cameras.

- The old wiring harness goes right into the old bumper. Parking sensors and fog lights match right up, however, the bumper wiring harness isnt long enough to reach the new brackets for the cameras and the brackets for the cameras are totally different. The 14 cameras are a square opposed to the 2012 rectangles.

- From here I order a new 14+ front bumper wiring harness and 2 new cameras. After getting everything the wiring harness match up with the exception on the socket for the cameras (being that the 14s are square and take a different input) and socket that the harness plugs into on on the actual vehicle.

- I have taken the vehicle and tried to have them modify a wiring harness but it doesn't seem to work. Any ideas on how to get the 14+ camera to work with the old harness. Or you could take then end piece that plugs into the body and install it onto the new harness. If I can get the cameras to work the it will have been a success. I am starting to run out of steam.

Any ideas. I will attach pictures and wiring diagrams below.

Post #19424074th May 2018 3:45 pm
Nuts06

France 2013 Discovery 4 5.0 V8 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Hi

I know this is a very old post... But I'm facing exactly same issue!
Did you find a fix?

I've got an old and a recent loom. if I can find cameras pinout I will be able to mix both...
Someone ?

Fred
 2005 Discovery 3 V8 HSE Seven
Bonatti grey with Alpaca Leather 

Post #236476119th Mar 2024 5:46 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >