Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D4)

Newbie Help Required
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
ash2900

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4
Newbie Help Required

First of i would like to say hi to everyone within the forum and as a proud owner of a disco 4, i have some questions i hope someone could help me with please.

2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS

Stereo Head Unit.
1. I have a standard stereo head unit and have purchased a touchscreen unit out of a 2015 discovery 4 with associated parts but when i took out the old head unit the wiring connectors are obviously different.
Could someone please tell me where i can get a or if possible it is to change the wiring loom? if not does anyone know were i can get one with Bluetooth and satnav to fit my vehicle??

Electric Wing Mirrors
2. I have upgraded the wing mirrors to power folding and these are working, but they also have the indicator on them i was hoping if possible to connect these to by connecting the indicator wiring to the mirror wiring has anyone got any images or instructions how to do this please.

Headlight Washers
3. I have upgraded the bumper to a discovery 2014 style with headlight washers, i have installed all the components but not connected to the washer bottle, there is a pump on it obviously already do i need a second pump for these??

I wish thank you all in advance for any help you may have.
Cheers
John[/u]

Post #214546912th May 2020 1:22 pm
dewillia

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Not feasible to change the head unit by changing the connectors as the wiring and fibre connectors cant mix and match. I have the same problem with my 2011 trying to put a 2013 screen in, all connectors are different

Post #214557112th May 2020 6:55 pm
Famousfive

Ukraine 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

Hi John and welcome Thumbs Up

I too have a GS and have done the following (all detailed on here - search works well)
Media is your biggest challenge

For your washer upgrade you need a washer expansion tank with duel pumps and CCF edit.
https://disco4.com/forum/headlight-washer-...62708.html

Good luck and keep us posted Thumbs Up

Nick
 Stolen - D4 Loire Blue
D4 Bali Blue 

Post #214566612th May 2020 11:13 pm
darrind

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Late D4 mirrors are the same connector as on the early D4 just with the addition of a thick green wire to power the indicator live - I just tapped into the door indicator live wire and spliced into the cable on the mirror via a single pin connector as I couldnt find the pins to add to the door loom - put a waterproof single pin connector onto the live on each side and connected to the thick green wire on the mirror and mounted next to the factory mirror connector.

Dead simple to do as the mirrors use a common earth so its the only additional connection needed. Everything else works fine (no cameras just memory and folding functions fitted to my mirrors)

Only issue when I did mine was I had to stop halfway through as I had a burglary to deal with mid way through and wasnt paying attention when I took the next door panel off and broke a cable to the door handle Big Cry
 Must stop buying shiny toys....  
Post #214584213th May 2020 7:44 pm
ash2900

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4
Newbie Help Required

Hi all thanks for the info provided need to do a little more digging when i am home. really appreciate the help thanks, ps. i shall post some pics of the areas i have discussed on here. cheers John

Post #214604414th May 2020 3:20 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >