Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

performance chip/ecu remaps
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
marshy 1

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
performance chip/ecu remaps

hi all new to site,what ecu remap or chip is best for 05 td6,how much and where from.

Post #49397710th Jul 2009 8:32 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
grzesiul

Poland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

B.A.S mate gives you nice remaper and wicked map

Post #49397910th Jul 2009 8:35 pm
SJR

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

See

here

here

or

here

lots of satisfied customers of each type, all down to personal choice which one you go for! Thumbs Up

If you want to trawl through the endless discussion on here regarding remaps, try a search on +remap, +engine +tuning. Whichever you choose the consensus seems to be that a ecu remap is very much preferable and better for the car than a plug in box type of tune Thumbs Up
 I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 - 

Post #49398110th Jul 2009 8:39 pm
MacLeod 313

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Hi there and welcome to the forum Thumbs Up There are a few site sponsors on this, and although having one of them fitted by a sponsor I can tell you personally they bring the D3 alive.

Mine is removable/programable by myself cos I get a box to change from Standard/Enjoy mode. Economy goes up if driven sensibly too.

If you contact my supplier, I think you will find him at the LR shows.

Others highly recommended is TorQue Tune, personally tried this one too, and available from 10forCash, drop him an email. Thumbs Up

Post #49398210th Jul 2009 8:39 pm
Renton

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Censored Sorry Big Cry

Last edited by Renton on 10th Jul 2009 10:18 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #49404610th Jul 2009 10:16 pm
SJR

Are they a site sponsor Whistle
 I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 - 

Post #49404710th Jul 2009 10:17 pm
Japseroony

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Bell Autos is the only place to go these days.

He offeres a switchable re-map for not much more than a standard re-map and this box can then be used on your next vehicle (assuming the engine can be re-mapped of course) providing you have set your old vehicle back to standard.

He can do all of this without the need to go to his place as he will send you the box, you then read your ECU via the box, send the file to him via email and he sends the file back with the new re-map on so you then re-program the ECU yourself. It takes about 3 - 4 mins but once done will take about 2 mins to go from standard to new tune and the same back again Bow down

Had my HSE done on Sat and what a difference it makes, smoother, more usable power and much better on the motorway when overtaking etc. He even enabled my Sat Nav on the move for a very reasonable price and up-dated the system with the new software Thumbs Up

Pete will be at Billing from Wed to Sunday this week offering his services or call him on 0871 2884656.

Japseroony.
 "UNDERSTEER" ---is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"OVERSTEER" ------is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"HORSEPOWER" -is how fast you hit the fence.
"TORQUE" ------------is how far you take the fence with you. 

Post #49493613th Jul 2009 12:59 pm
MacLeod 313

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I agree the Pete Bell supplies a great product, I have it too. BUT an impartial view I beleive that Torque Tune from TFC is just as good, and a few have used Turbo Technics. In the past I tried all 3 before I made my choice and went Bell Auto's, so that's my advice, find a D3 that has been tuned or remapped, then make your choice

Post #49496713th Jul 2009 2:03 pm
Japseroony

Unnecessary quote removed

Fully agree with looking around for a good deal and finding out who is who with regards to re-mapping but there are lots of folk doing this but not doing the job properly/correctly Exclamation Exclamation

Some folk use a copied re-map and sell it on as their own or put it onto the wrong version of the car such as on Disco 2's/Defender TD5's etc. LR went trhough different versions of the ECU on the TD5's and both required different settings (even on a standard map) but some folk are selling the old ECU maps and putting them on newer version ECU's!!!

Others take the credit for re-mapping when they are using someone elses equipment and brand it theirs until a problem arises Exclamation Exclamation

I am sure these are not the only example's but one's that are probably best known.

Also, why is is that when anyone has a problem with a re-map they usually ask Pete Bell for advice and I mean the person that did the re-map as well as the customer themselves?

There are lots of people out there buying equipment and offering re-maps/system upgrades that dont know what they are doing so best stick to someone that does, IMHO Exclamation Exclamation

Post #49769320th Jul 2009 3:34 pm
SJR

I think you need to qualify that statement Japseroony. Are you implying that only Pete Bell can be trusted and is qualified or do you simply have no knowledge of the other forum sponsors TorqTune and Turbochip on which to base your claim and judge accordingly. Confused
Buzz Aldrin (1930 - 

Post #49770220th Jul 2009 3:56 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

There are a number of highly respected sponsors offering tunes, all of which are very experienced ...the outcome will be as much of a muchness for you to notice - the decision is yours Wink
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #49770520th Jul 2009 3:58 pm
Japseroony

SJR wrote:
I think you need to qualify that statement Japseroony. Are you implying that only Pete Bell can be trusted and is qualified or do you simply have no knowledge of the other forum sponsors TorqTune and Turbochip on which to base your claim and judge accordingly. Confused

Cool your breaks there SJR, I never mentioned in my post anything against TorqTune or Turbochip other than I agreed with MacLeod about shopping around and gaining an understanding of how the re-maps/chip systems work Exclamation Exclamation

I think we all agree that re-maps are better than chips but it all depends on budget and what you want from your vehicle.

A lot of sellers use a generic tune from a pre loaded system which in its self is not a bad thing as LR have many thousands of vehicles on the road with a pre loaded ECU Thumbs Up But is it not better to have a system designed for your own vehicle taking into account the age, mileage and how you drive it etc.

This is why on one vehicle after it is re-mapped/chipped using a pre-programed generic system it will smoke when the same re-map/chip on another vehicle won't.

Also, BAS are really the only people offering the switchable unit correctly as the others are offering the same system using a generic tune Exclamation Exclamation

Post #49771120th Jul 2009 4:26 pm
SJR

And your support of BAS (who i have no issue with by the way - i recognise their expertise and have suggested them to other forum users on occasions) should be qualified by the fact that based on one of your previous posts, it cannot be deemed to be unbiased Whistle

From another thread
Japseroony wrote:

I take it your talking about Pete Bell? If so sorry for posting this again as I did look to see if he had posted it but could not find it.

Just for reference its a joint project with Bell Autos and work mates, Cheviot 4x4 and myself Wink
Buzz Aldrin (1930 - 

Post #49771720th Jul 2009 4:35 pm
Willy Eckerslike

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

Japserroony
Do you have experience of TorqTune or Turbochip, have you used their services on a D3 Question Do you know wether they download to the ECU or install a chip Question
 Club Pie n Pea
One life....Fish it
D3 Gone but not forgotten
Club Men of Oak
Club Walnut sniffers
D4 Van owner
Ents long lost Uncle 

Post #49771820th Jul 2009 4:37 pm
Japseroony

SJR wrote:
And your support of BAS (who i have no issue with by the way - i recognise their expertise and have suggested them to other forum users on occasions) should be qualified by the fact that based on one of your previous posts, it cannot be deemed to be unbiased Whistle

From another thread
Japseroony wrote:

I take it your talking about Pete Bell? If so sorry for posting this again as I did look to see if he had posted it but could not find it.

Just for reference its a joint project with Bell Autos and work mates, Cheviot 4x4 and myself Wink

Explain that comment Exclamation Exclamation

Just because I am building a vehicle with BAS and Cheviot does not make my comments biased - just accurate Thumbs Up

Also, I have had dealings with most of the companies offering re-maps/chips which is why I have a reasonable amount of knowledge in this area Wink Wink

Finally, why do you think I am going to BAS for the TDV8 build Question

Oh yes - its becasue he has the knowledge to do it Thumbs Up

Post #49771920th Jul 2009 4:41 pm
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >