Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Remote Fob RF Receiver Replacement - Help & Advice Needed!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Cal

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Remote Fob RF Receiver Replacement - Help & Advice Needed!!!

Hi everyone,

Could do with a bit of guidance please.

I've got a 2008 (57 Reg) Disco 3 HSE, and it's not wanting to let me inside anymore hahaha.

Basically one day it was working fine, the next day it took about 100 tries with the remote key to unlock it. So I thought the battery might just be flat as I haven't drove the LR in a week, took it for a 30min spin, went to lock it and it locked first time. Thought right jobs a gooden it's fixed, but I thought it best to try and unlock the LR again just to make sure. And it took another 100ish tries of pressing the unlock button for it to actually unlock.

So I thought right, my keys gone / going, so went to a key shop to get it looked it. They RF tested it and said the keys absolutely fine, it's putting out a really strong signal for it being a 3rd party copy.

So I was both happy and sad because 1, I didn't need a new key but 2, that meant in my mind the only other thing that it could be would be the RF Receiver.

Then I thought it's not too much of a worry because I know I can lock and unlock the car with the actual key blade by popping that manual lock barrel trim thing off on the passenger side. Tried that with my primary key, and it felt really stiff, like it was seized. So I got my spare key and tried to give it a bit more force and the blade snapped, Think it was on it's way out anyways because I barely put any force into it and it broke. So long story short, the lock barrel is seized as it's probably never been used in 17+ years, and yes I tried many different ways of unseizing it.

So my question to you lovely LR Expert Folk is - I've ordered a new 433Mhz RF Receiver from LR directly, part number YWY500210. Is this a plug and play unit, or will I have to get my key programmed to this new receiver? I've never dealt with anything like this before so any insight will be golden. Also have I ordered the right part for UK LR's? LR themselves weren't too sure as they don't see many Disco 3s anymore.

Like I said, any help is greatly appreciated.

Ta!

Post #23656562nd Apr 2024 12:49 pm
nigethecat

Ukraine 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Hello, and welcome... once you're sorted you may want to introduce yourself in the "Welcome section" and explain the unfathomable reasoning behind your purchase of a Disco Laughing

The new key will need programming, if you have a GAP IID (and some other makes of readers) then you can do it yourself otherwise try your local indie but they will need the car there, unless you know someone with the professional version that can come out to your car ?..

If you can get in the car, stick the battery on charge as well, as it's probably run down if the cars not been used, never hurts as Discos are very susceptible to voltage drops.

Let us know how you get on !
 I want to see the sweets before I get into your windowless van... I'm not stupid!

Corris Grey D4 Commercial SE 2016
Zermatt Sliver 2007 D3 SE manual (gone)
Indus Silver D4 HSE 2015 (gone)
Bonatti Grey D3 HSE 2006 (gone)
White D3 S (LHD) 2007 (gone)
Firenze Red D4 HSE 2014 (gone)
Black RRS 3.6TDV8 2008 (gone)
Rusty Green Defender 110 1997 (gone)
Black FL2 HSE 2013 (gone) 

Post #23656882nd Apr 2024 6:06 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1