Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Royal Mail - no longer fit for purpose.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
UNG

United Kingdom 

G7jtk wrote:
Managed distruction of a business so that private enterprise can muscle in and make a profit

Well DPD are not making a good job of muscling in on Royal Mail's business, DPD have been absolutely useless the last few weeks their whole system seems to have fallen apart
 "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag'em down to your level. It's cheaper".  
Post #231910117th Dec 2022 11:38 am
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

Saw a DPD electric van in Swinton last week ... he'd run out of charge but had managed to get to one of new charging stations, the ones strategically placed so close to a busy junction that, as I understand it, you're in breach of the highway code to use 1 of the 2 sited there.

Dean
====================================

2011 D4 XS - OBD port protection, RLD spare wheel protector, All LED interiors lights, Timed Climate enabled, iiD tool paired.
2011 D4 Landmark - Stolen from same dealer before I paid for it
2011 D4 GS - Stolen whilst at dealer Sad ... All LED interiors lights, DRLs, Spare Wheel protector.
1996 300Tdi - Eaten by tin worms 

Post #231910217th Dec 2022 11:55 am
jenseneverest

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

had a Royal mail delivery today!!, not the postman, the guy that drives around in a van and delivers just one bloody parcel from Poland posted the 5th of November. I'm still waiting on a few letters from various government offices. As a side thought any parking fines are likely to arrive well after the half price grace period. Rolling Eyes

Post #231911117th Dec 2022 1:08 pm
SENC

United States 2007 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Zermatt SilverLR3

Sorry for your issues - if it makes you feel any better, you're not alone. Our USPS is no better, and still funded on the taxpayers' dime. I'd love to see privatization or even for it to just blow up - I'm not a huge UPS or FedEx fan, but they are so much better than USPS. The front-line postal workers are generally great, it's the bureaucracy that ruins it here.

Post #231912617th Dec 2022 2:16 pm
Gary_P

Ukraine 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Post not quite so bad here, but gradually gone down hill. We generally have 1 or possibly two deliveries a week and always a bunch of letters that has obviously been collecting at the sorting office. It all started to wrong for us just before the pandemic, then got quite bad during that (which you could excuse), but the service has never recovered. Very often the same when service companies have shareholders to consider.
Evri are very unreliable here and DPD always good for us.
 Gary
-------------------------------------------

Discovery 4 HSE 2016MY 

Post #231913617th Dec 2022 3:46 pm
Journeyman

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Our postie is really good, reliable and knows most people on his round so very little goes astray. However, we've had some shockers in the past and also at the sorting office. We live at No6 x Road and our post regularly went to Flat 6, 2 X Road. As that flat is rented out it depends on the tenant in the flat. There was one tenant who would just rip up any post mis-delivered to him!
 Cheers,

Jez

Discovery 3 HSE Stornaway Grey
MY 2008 2.7 TDV6

Discovery 2 2003 - gone 

Post #231915317th Dec 2022 6:11 pm
Nasher

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

The Post Office/Royal mail have been a constant source of annoyance to us for 24yrs.

I’m a Royalist, a traditionalist, a history buff, and probably a luddite, but I’d happily see the Royal mail close because the morons that work there haven’t understood that they’ve applied for jobs in a Public service industry and Service is an important part of that.
How the idiots think they’ll muster public opinion by striking I don’t know. The whole country is struggling, they are the last people that deserve a pay rise before other people who are doggedly just getting on with life doing their job properly and with consideration to others.

For 24yrs they’ve delivered some of our mail to a house in a street with a similar name 3 miles away, but with a different postcode.
I get mail for the other house, and it’s the same story for my neighbours. The Post Master can’t explain how they do this because the post is sorted by postcode.

They’ve also decided they won’t send a post-person to us every day now, sometimes it’s 4 days before we are supposed to be grateful they’ve delivered our mail.

Our local collection office is only open when most people are at work, and has handwritten opening times by the door which are completely different to the website. This also changes, and of course you can only know by going there to look.
They are supposed to open on Saturday morning, but sometimes can’t be bothered, so it’s closed after I’ve driven several miles to get there.

One day last week we had one letter put in our postbox, it was for the house 3 doors down, clearly marked with their house number not ours.
Not a pile of letters with that one in the middle, just the one.

The signed for service is now a joke as it's just put in our box without even a knock on the door.

How would I go about organising a national boycott of them until they can be bothered to understand they are a service industry?

I now ask vendors on Ebay etc if they use Royal Mail to deliver stuff, and if so I shop elsewhere.
 Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over.  
Post #231937219th Dec 2022 11:38 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >